***Official 2017 ISU Football Recruiting Thread***

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I don't have any inside info, but it looks like Nebby might have dropped Hafiz, as well. A couple of predictions were made for Indiana last night, and the guy from the Husker site changed his prediction to Foggy.
Funny how right after isu dropped him he posted a pic of him in a bunch of red n black addidas gear. Neb most not have dropped him at that point. Wonder what he's posting now

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I don't have any inside info, but it looks like Nebby might have dropped Hafiz, as well. A couple of predictions were made for Indiana last night, and the guy from the Husker site changed his prediction to Foggy.
Yes, obviously I posted this before the new information came out. At this point, he looks to be Indian's if they want him. Otherwise, I would guess he doesn't commit in hopes of someone coming in late. If not, he'll end up at a smaller school or take the juco route back to D1.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Just checked out Hafiz twitter profile. Never seen a player so in love with himself. Granted, I don't go creeping on a lot of 18 year olds twitters

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
LB Andrew Ward is announcing his decision tomorrow!! ISU, Nebraska and Indiana are his finalists. He took his Nebraska official in September and is set to visit IU on Jan. 13th and ISU on Jan. 27th. Since he is announcing prior to two of those visits, I wonder if that means he will commit to the Fuskers.

No way he doesn't commit to Nebraska. His ov's are a dead giveaway.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Zamari Maxwell is set to do an official visit to ISU in January and his decision will come down to Iowa State, Iowa, Kentucky, Illinois and UCF.

I think it is only a top 3 now with UCF, Kentucky and ISU. Read that Iowa stopped recruiting him because he flat out said that he wasn't sure he could move away from home.

• Friendly
Reactions: WastedTalent

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Zamari Maxwell is set to do an official visit to ISU in January and his decision will come down to Iowa State, Iowa, Kentucky, Illinois and UCF.

It sounds like Iowa's interest in Maxwell has fallen off and it will come down to ISU, Kentucky, UCF and Illinois.

As an Iowa fan, this was surprising to me as I had not heard of any other names at CB that Iowa has been targeting.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I think it is only a top 3 now with UCF, Kentucky and ISU. Read that Iowa stopped recruiting him because he flat out said that he wasn't sure he could move away from home.

I have read distance is not a factor to Maxwell but it is a concern that his mom has.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It sounds like Iowa's interest in Maxwell has fallen off and it will come down to ISU, Kentucky, UCF and Illinois.

As an Iowa fan, this was surprising to me as I had not heard of any other names at CB that Iowa has been targeting.

ISU must be ahead of Iowa on this kid's list then. Iowa tends to drop their offer to kids they think that ISU has a better chance at getting so they can always say "we never wanted him anyway". It really bothers KF to ever admit ISU beat Iowa out for a recruit, so he just drops the offer before they announce.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
ISU must be ahead of Iowa on this kid's list then. Iowa tends to drop their offer to kids they think that ISU has a better chance at getting so they can always say "we never wanted him anyway". It really bothers KF to ever admit ISU beat Iowa out for a recruit, so he just drops the offer before they announce.

Just relaying what I have read from some pretty solid sources. Maxwell himself said that Iowa has backed off and that is the reason his Top 5 went to a Top 4.

I dont think KF and his staff are going to pull an offer just because ISU may be out in front of Iowa for a kid.

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
Why we just beat Oklahoma for Matt Leo and our class is higher than iowa