***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I also think it is too early to say what they will be next year. There are so many unknowns. You don't know how Jackson, Long, Babb, Kasongo and Young will progress and you don't know how ready Lard, Wigginton, Lewis, and Mcneill are. Odds are that they are an NIT team but they could be worse than that or they could be better. They could also still add 1-2 pieces for next year that we don't know how good they will be. Beverly could be a good role player or he could be terrible.

Its typical to have message board discussion on how good or how bad the next team will be, especially when we lose so much scoring AND experience. Probably somewhere in between both sides of the spectrum. While many have pointed out it will be fun to watch the young talent grow (while hoping the returnees like Babb and Young can really step up their games), all I can think of is last year's OU team. There was a lot of talent on that team but they had lost Cousins/Heild/Spangler/etc. OU really struggled but showed promise and had some high spots occasionally. Guessing that's what we're headed for...depending on what good additions we could still pull off yet in May.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Its typical to have message board discussion on how good or how bad the next team will be, especially when we lose so much scoring AND experience. Probably somewhere in between both sides of the spectrum. While many have pointed out it will be fun to watch the young talent grow (while hoping the returnees like Babb and Young can really step up their games), all I can think of is last year's OU team. There was a lot of talent on that team but they had lost Cousins/Heild/Spangler/etc. OU really struggled but showed promise and had some high spots occasionally. Guessing that's what we're headed for...depending on what good additions we could still pull off yet in May.

I actually didn't think OU had a lot of talent last year.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa

While I agree with your comparison to OU from last year I also think the XII will be down from last year. KU will be good, West Virginia and Baylor should be decent but who else scares you? Im in the boat of just wanting to get into the tourney and see alot of should be wins or toss ups in conference.

asmosis

Jul 6, 2010
Minneapolis
Here's a Boykins D-1 reel posted recently on YT.

(Around 1:05 mark is at KU, where he hits a 3-pointer All The Way From The Chicken).

Stats from Sports Reference Was he injured last season? ... Listed as playing in only 2 games.

If he has visits to Pitt & PSU, appears he wants to stay in that area (he's from Ohio).

I like Boykins' size for a guard. Good shooter, nice drive ability. Don't really get a lot of clips of defensive ability on highlight reels... but I think he'd be someone to look at. I think he'd provide good leadership and crunch time experience, while allowing our young guys to develop. With his size he'd be good depth at both SG/SF.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
While I agree with your comparison to OU from last year I also think the XII will be down from last year. KU will be good, West Virginia and Baylor should be decent but who else scares you? Im in the boat of just wanting to get into the tourney and see alot of should be wins or toss ups in conference.

I agree with you. KU and WVU will be really good. TCU and Baylor will be tournament teams, the rest is up in the air.

Reactions: EYEoftheSTORM

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

1. Dont think we were ever involved with this kid but if Kansas took him maybe we should've been
2. Kansas is seriously the new Transfer U

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Maybe Svi isn't coming back regardless

Which would make this being his last Big 12 action:
w640-a80f940c0c86d75432973115a92524a0.jpg

Which is awesome.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I disagree. He was bad, I loved when he was on the floor. Because they always seemed to try to go through him a good amount, and he'd either turn it over or throw up a contested shot.
And you're not even mentioning his defense, which is the worst part of his game.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I disagree. He was bad, I loved when he was on the floor. Because they always seemed to try to go through him a good amount, and he'd either turn it over or throw up a contested shot.

What do you disagree with? I think its funny that his last Big 12 action is fouling a 3 point shooter and acting befuddled that it got called...when he's laying on top of the guy.

I will miss his bad defense though.

Reactions: ComCY

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

Svi was pretty good against ISU in both games this year.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
What do you disagree with? I think its funny that his last Big 12 action is fouling a 3 point shooter and acting befuddled that it got called...when he's laying on top of the guy.

I will miss his bad defense though.
And you're not even mentioning his defense, which is the worst part of his game.
Trueee, how could I forget about that Defense. I misread the post, thought it was just saying "which is awesome" to the "Svi isn't coming back regardless". Where as I wanted him to stay in the league for as long as possible:D

Sorry for the confusion

Reactions: jcyclonee