***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
covering all our bases, in case Juiston falls through, I'm assuming.

Also, had a 32 point game against UAB..........

That was his season high. UTSA played @ Texas Tech this past season, and his stat line in that game may be more indicative of what to expect:

10 points
3/8 fg
2/3 3-pt
2/3 ft
1 total rebound (offensive)
1 assist
4 fouls
23 minutes

http://www.goutsa.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3519

• Dislike
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Right now, the Cyclones are quickly at the top.

"Iowa State is the top of my list right now. They’re No. 1," Beverly said. "Seeing the success that Deonte Burton had, he's a 6-4, undersized, very athletic post or inside-out guy. His game, he just excelled in Big 12 with their style of play. It's fast and they spread the floor and they let their guys play, let their guys be players."

May 3rd visit. Really interesting the time frame were working with for the last few scholarships.

Reactions: srjclone

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Right now, the Cyclones are quickly at the top.

"Iowa State is the top of my list right now. They’re No. 1," Beverly said. "Seeing the success that Deonte Burton had, he's a 6-4, undersized, very athletic post or inside-out guy. His game, he just excelled in Big 12 with their style of play. It's fast and they spread the floor and they let their guys play, let their guys be players."

May 3rd visit. Really interesting the time frame were working with for the last few scholarships.

I'm assuming they will know on Juiston at that time, or maybe they already do.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi and mb7299

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Totally agree, I wonder if they had to add that to the conversation with him because it sounds like they are truly interested and if we dont get Juiston we absolutely have to have him.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
That was his season high. UTSA played @ Texas Tech this past season, and his stat line in that game may be more indicative of what to expect:

10 points
3/8 fg
2/3 3-pt
2/3 ft
1 assist
4 fouls
23 minutes

I know, I was saying it as somewhat of a joke. Just thought his season/career high being against UAB is pretty perfect

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Better backup plan than I expected if Juiston doesn't come here honestly

Who else is out there? I don't see much else.

Good post grad transfers are few and far between and they're usually snatched up quickly by blue bloods that missed out on their 5 star target

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

10 points
3/8 fg
2/3 3-pt
2/3 ft
1 assist
4 fouls
23 minutes

Sounds like you think he'll be a lot like Deonte Burton, here are his totals from TWO games against Texas Tech:

8pts
2-17 fg
0-5 from 3pt
4/6 FT
7 rebounds
2 assist
8 fouls (one DQ)
3 turnovers
42 minutes played

Beverly struggled against Tech for the same reason Burton did, they have a lot of length and athleticism in guys like Smith and Gray. I get its the only common opponent but because of matchups, its a terrible team to compare to, mainly because of Zach Smith, he's an undersized 4's kryptonite.

• Informative
Reactions: spk123

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I don't know much about him but just looking at his stats he is probably about as good of an option, after Juiston, as you are going to get at this point.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Because they are transferring. This is the official 2017 transfer thread right? Not everyone we talk about will end up at ISU.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2017

To date there are 511 transfers - the vast majority of which are not discussed here. Why? Because either they're not even on the periphery of being legit D-1 players or because Iowa State has no interest.

Let those two things be your guide: high D-1 caliber, Iowa State interested. Oh, and the realm of it possibly being of concern to anybody in any way.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyke and Cydkar