***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I will never understand why you people can't stop taking shots at Holden. It's so ******* petty.

I didn't take that as a shot. Beverly put up better numbers that Holden did in the exact same conference. Don't think that comment was out of line. Niang is better than Holden. Is that taking a shot at him?

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I'm assuming they will know on Juiston at that time, or maybe they already do.

I would think the staff would like to have a decision on Juiston or at least reasonable timeframe for one already (could correspond with the visit for Jeff in May). Morrow is visiting this weekend and while I think they would take both Juiston and Morrow it would simplify how to make the pitch and prioritize.

FWIW Halsted followed up that he didn't think that the Beverly visit was any indication on the intentions of Juiston just another option to be able to pivot if he chooses to go else where.

From what little I have seen of Beverly I think he looked a lot like Bowie. Could be a useful player especially if he could do what Bowie did to end the season. He would have defensive limitations but at least this year Lard, Kosongo and Young would be able to absorb post minutes in against a big lineup.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I didn't take that as a shot. Beverly put up better numbers that Holden did in the exact same conference. Don't think that comment was out of line. Niang is better than Holden. Is that taking a shot at him?

Of course you didn't, you and Cyber are essentially the same person.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Where does Cyber come in? I didn't quote his post and don't even know who that is or what kind of poster they are.

I just don't think there's anything wrong with saying "X player is better than Z player" Doesn't mean I'm taking a shot at them or disrespecting their time as a Cyclone.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I would think the staff would like to have a decision on Juiston or at least reasonable timeframe for one already (could correspond with the visit for Jeff in May). Morrow is visiting this weekend and while I think they would take both Juiston and Morrow it would simplify how to make the pitch and prioritize.

FWIW Halsted followed up that he didn't think that the Beverly visit was any indication on the intentions of Juiston just another option to be able to pivot if he chooses to go else where.

From what little I have seen of Beverly I think he looked a lot like Bowie. Could be a useful player especially if he could do what Bowie did to end the season. He would have defensive limitations but at least this year Lard, Kosongo and Young would be able to absorb post minutes in against a big lineup.

This. If Juiston doesn't pan out, I'd be more than fine with Beverly as a backup option, especially if they get Morrow as well. We obviously wouldn't be deep at the post position, this year, but the cupboard wouldn't be completely bare either.

• Agree
Reactions: LLCoolCY and mb7299

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Where does Cyber come in? I didn't quote his post and don't even know who that is or what kind of poster they are.

I just don't think there's anything wrong with saying "X player is better than Z player" Doesn't mean I'm taking a shot at them or disrespecting their time as a Cyclone.

He didn't say anything bad about him.

Guys, really. Who cares?

And for the record, I posted with Cyber. I knew Cyber. I picked up moonrocks with Cyber. You, Messi, are no Cyber. (that's a good thing)

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I will never understand why you people can't stop taking shots at Holden. It's so ******* petty.
Sports may not be good for you if you take that to be a shot. Holden is a very relevant/appropriate comparison to Beverly. Just assume any post on roster management and lineups includes "he's a great teammate and I love the effort he gave" and you'll feel better.

Beverly is an interesting contingency. At 6'6" and 250 you would hope he could be another physical presence. He had some very bad offensive numbers, but maybe it's a case of a role player that was rusty trying to be a go-to player.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Sports may not be good for you if you take that to be a shot. Holden is a very relevant/appropriate comparison to Beverly. Just assume any post on roster management and lineups includes "he's a great teammate and I love the effort he gave" and you'll feel better.
In the time it took to write that, Holden just got another foul.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Will Charlie More actually play at Kansas?

Going to say 'yes'. Because Prohm tried to get him here (i think i have the right guy, or was it the guard that chose Gonzaga a year ago that I'm thinking of?) and I'm going to view CSP as a good evaluator of guards.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

Yeah, it seems harsh, especially after-the-fact. Many other examples when fans are guilty of overkill long after the horse has left the barn. (And I've done it, too).

My assumption is most fans who bring up players like Holden are second-guessing a coaching staff's decision to sign someone or criticizing how a player was incorporated into a game plan or rotation — not a knock on the player himself. But it doesn't usually translate that way, it tends to feel like a personal attack on the athlete.