MLB: ***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Season Thread***

TakeCover

Mar 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
Cardinal great Keith Hernandez was on Varney this morning. He said the key to improving the game is bigger ball parks, larger outfield gaps. Feels today's outfielders are allowed to play in, cutting down hits and freedom on the base pads.
I don't disagree. Give me less dingers and more doubles, triples, 1st to 3rd, etc. Another big problem is still strikeouts, though.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Off to a great start, up 5-0 bottom of the 7th, Waino pitched 6 scoreless innings. The talent is there, now is the time to shock the league and bring another World Series to St. Louis.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Opening day is so special. Super excited for this year. Need to figure out a way to get down to St Louis for the final year for some of these guys.
I was trying to figure out when to get down to Busch for that too but we ended up getting tickets to see them up in Milwaukee next week. Never been to Miller Park or whatever it's called these days so I'm also excited to check another ballpark off the list.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Pujols was and maybe could be a great player for the Cardinals, but he is a lousy human being. Wife has cancer and then he decides to leave her?

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
I was trying to figure out when to get down to Busch for that too but we ended up getting tickets to see them up in Milwaukee next week. Never been to Miller Park or whatever it's called these days so I'm also excited to check another ballpark off the list.
Miller Park (I guess it’s American Family Park now, I had to look that up) is pretty neat. Easy to get to, plenty of parking. My son and I have tried to catch the Cardinals almost every year since 1998, and we’ve made the trip to Milwaukee from eastern Iowa four or five times.

Reactions: mramseyISU

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Pujols was and maybe could be a great player for the Cardinals, but he is a lousy human being. Wife has cancer and then he decides to leave her?
I highly doubt it’s that cut and dry. If you just read the headlines then yeah it looks that way but in the divorce papers Albert put “irreconcilable differences”. What does that mean. Nobody will know but those two. Don’t forget all the work he has done for children and adults with Down syndrome with the Pujols Family Foundation and all the work in the Dominican.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Cards going up tomorrow against Iowan Mitch Keller on the mound for Pittsburgh. Cedar Rapids Xavier product.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Before disparaging someone, please provide references and proof of him 'leaving' his wife because she has cancer. In fact, Deidre posted a very touching tribute to Albert and how 'despite their personal struggles' she is excited to watch his final season back where he belongs. Not really something a jilted person would post about such a crummy / lousy human.

I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
I’m pretty excited about this years team. If the old guys can stay consistent and if the pitching is better than widely believed, in a weak central this should be a playoff team no doubt. Get hot towards the end of the year and who knows.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Cards going up tomorrow against Iowan Mitch Keller on the mound for Pittsburgh. Cedar Rapids Xavier product.
He was a senior when I was a freshman at Xavier. He’s a beast. Hope he starts to figure it out but not tomorrow.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
World Series champs baby!!!!
I highly doubt it’s that cut and dry. If you just read the headlines then yeah it looks that way but in the divorce papers Albert put “irreconcilable differences”. What does that mean. Nobody will know but those two. Don’t forget all the work he has done for children and adults with Down syndrome with the Pujols Family Foundation and all the work in the Dominican.

Winner no one but them know the story

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Second game of the season and our #3 pitcher (once Flaherty is healthy) just threw a 41-pitch 1st inning. Cardinals are going to regret not adding another starting arm this offseason, or they’re gonna hurry along Liberatore.

• Agree
Reactions: TheHelgo

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Second game of the season and our #3 pitcher (once Flaherty is healthy) just threw a 41-pitch 1st inning. Cardinals are going to regret not adding another starting arm this offseason, or they’re gonna hurry along Liberatore.

Well thats great....

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Well thats great....

He settled in and the bullpen has been good. Offense has been good as well. Playing Pittsburgh is the cure for whatever ails ya.

Arenado is 4-4 with 3 doubles so far in the 7th.