***Official 2024-25 ISU Football Thread***

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Logged on to Instagram for the first time in ages. Saw a post by wideout Jason Essex. He looks…well, buff would be an understatement. Is “swole” still a word?

Spring ball should be very, very interesting.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com

We’ve gone quickly from “we’ll only have games on Fridays a few times a season, and they won’t usually be games of national interest, we’ll put them on BTN, no need to worry about your attendance, high schools” to “Games every Friday all season long! Top game of the week could be on Friday! Ditch those stupid high school games, stay home and watch top-level college football Friday nights all season long on Fox!”

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
We’ve gone quickly from “we’ll only have games on Fridays a few times a season, and they won’t usually be games of national interest, we’ll put them on BTN, no need to worry about your attendance, high schools” to “Games every Friday all season long! Top game of the week could be on Friday! Ditch those stupid high school games, stay home and watch top-level college football Friday nights all season long on Fox!”
I am personally pumped for this. I haven't attended a high school game since graduation, but I'm always up for watching a good college game on TV.

I really don't see this being a huge impact on HS attendance. I feel like most people attending those games have a personal connection to them. They are still going to prioritize the HS game over something on TV. But there are tons of football viewers out there who never attend HS games to draw from for the Friday TV audience.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron