***Official 2024-25 ISU Football Thread***

synapticwave

Mar 9, 2007
Austin, TX
www.longshotgames.com

IDK why but seeing this graphic really made me (right now in this moment) lose interest in college football. I guess it just took seeing this for next year, and realizing it's not abstract or hypothetical anymore, big10 and sec now own the sport and I hate that they ruined it. 14/25 teams from 2 conferences? 9 of the top 12? If this is how the playoff committee ranks teams (and it probably will be close) then it will be 9 teams from sec/big10 and the 2 other conference champs. And they'll probably seed the big12 and ACC champs against the top 2 teams in the first round. I just can't get excited about this sport anymore. F'n greedy bastards who already have it great continue to ruin everything!

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015

Based on this, looks like odds makers have picked us for 7th place in next year's Big 12 football standings. That's also where we were picked to finish in this year's basketball standings. Hmmm....

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Based on this, looks like odds makers have picked us for 7th place in next year's Big 12 football standings. That's also where we were picked to finish in this year's basketball standings. Hmmm....

I seem to recall that Arizona has a new head coach, and got ripped up by starters transferring.

Not so?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
A few notes that I picked up while doing a little research last night and today for something else.

David Caulker and Norris Davis appear to no longer be on the roster. Maybe I’m blind? Well, not quite yet, but looked twice.

WMU transfer Jaylon Jackson is known as a speedster—but his 10.54 personal best 100m is actually identical to Kene’s best—yes, also 10.54.

Looks like ULM transfer DE Kenard Snyder actually played at Rockledge (FL) HS with Zach Lovett. A connection I hadn’t noticed. The coaches have recruited at that HS a lot over the years—including an OL in the ‘25 class.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
A few notes that I picked up while doing a little research last night and today for something else.

David Caulker and Norris Davis appear to no longer be on the roster. Maybe I’m blind? Well, not quite yet, but looked twice.

WMU transfer Jaylon Jackson is known as a speedster—but his 10.54 personal best 100m is actually identical to Kene’s best—yes, also 10.54.

Looks like ULM transfer DE Kenard Snyder actually played at Rockledge (FL) HS with Zach Lovett. A connection I hadn’t noticed. The coaches have recruited at that HS a lot over the years—including an OL in the ‘25 class.
I don't see Caulker or Norris in the portal, but just noticed Aidan Bitter in the portal.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Not ISU related,...