***Official 2024-25 ISU Football Thread***

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I seem to recall that Arizona has a new head coach, and got ripped up by starters transferring.

Not so?
Coach left for Washington and they had some roster turnover but their stud freshman quarterback stayed and they made a very good hire.

They'll be good.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

In his interview, Neal also mentioned swapping sides with Tyler Miller. I wonder how that affects the starting rotation. Perhaps they want to get Jalen Travis on the field opposite Miller? Neal could potentially replace Brendan Black who played well last season, but still has a lot to learn. I think it has also been suggested here or perhaps in a podcast somewhere (can't remember for sure) that Dylan Barrett could potentially overtake Bonifas? Let me know if I'm way off:

LT ~ Tyler Miller 6'9" 335
LG ~ Jarrod Hufford 6'5" 325
C ~ Dylan Barrett 6'5" 320
RG ~ James Neal 6'6" 330
RT ~ Jalen Travis 6'9" 315

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
In his interview, Neal also mentioned swapping sides with Tyler Miller. I wonder how that affects the starting rotation. Perhaps they want to get Jalen Travis on the field opposite Miller? Neal could potentially replace Brendan Black who played well last season, but still has a lot to learn. I think it has also been suggested here or perhaps in a podcast somewhere (can't remember for sure) that Dylan Barrett could potentially overtake Bonifas? Let me know if I'm way off:

RG ~ James Neal 6'6" 330
I know absolutely nothing, other than i would think it would be VERY hard to have an OL and not have Black on it somewhere. IMO he was the best one in the entire position group last year. Kid is downright mean and plays with an attitude

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

RG ~ James Neal 6'6" 330
Clanton said Neal was working both guard and tackle, and what I head Neal say was that he’d played both sides of the ball.

That’s about positional flexibility, not flipping positions.

Considering what Clanton said, I think they’re going to be showcasing Neal as much as possible. Combine that with what he said about Deylin Hasert, and I’m starting to wonder if they might start rotating OL the way kinda the way they do defensive players.

Especially with Jalen Travis coming this summer. Wish he were here now, for S&C. Three tackles, three guards, and two centers?

And yeah, the way he talked about Barrett (who has also worked at OG) sounded really…positive.

Edit: BTW, just realized that the Neal interview for cyclones.com and CF are different. The Ezeogu one appears to be mostly the same.

Last edited:

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Not ISU related,...
I wonder if his Manson is named Charlie? Or possibly Marilyn?

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa

RG ~ James Neal 6'6" 330
For sh$ts and giggles, let’s start these 5 guys in our first conference game at Hilton next winter.
Go Cyclones

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Based on where they are in their careers and stats, that's probably pretty fair. I'm not sure if Sanders is really #1, but we'll find out a lot this year. Man, it feels like Cam Rising is on the Perry Ellis plan.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Based on where they are in their careers and stats, that's probably pretty fair. I'm not sure if Sanders is really #1, but we'll find out a lot this year. Man, it feels like Cam Rising is on the Perry Ellis plan.

Cam Rising? How about Allen Bowman. I feel like he was playing as a backup to Kliff Kingsbury.

• Agree
Reactions: Jer and CYCLNST8

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
How refreshing to see a Big 12 preseason list and not have the Oklahoma QB listed as number one and the UT player top four. It was always like they just used a template. SEC can have them.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

RG ~ James Neal 6'6" 330
Looks like the starting lineup for our BB team! Amazing how tall these linemen are now. I'm OK with it as long as they can move their feet and not let DE's around them.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
IDK why but seeing this graphic really made me (right now in this moment) lose interest in college football. I guess it just took seeing this for next year, and realizing it's not abstract or hypothetical anymore, big10 and sec now own the sport and I hate that they ruined it. 14/25 teams from 2 conferences? 9 of the top 12? If this is how the playoff committee ranks teams (and it probably will be close) then it will be 9 teams from sec/big10 and the 2 other conference champs. And they'll probably seed the big12 and ACC champs against the top 2 teams in the first round. I just can't get excited about this sport anymore. F'n greedy bastards who already have it great continue to ruin everything!
Welcome to the feudal economy of college football! I agree with you.

I can't wait until friendlyspartan comes on to tell us all how things are just fine and actually better than before.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
So, ISU wins the Big Xii this season (not out of the question) and gets to host a first round CFP Game. Let that sink in. Winner of that game gets slotted into one of the 4 Quarter-Final Bowls. How awesome would that be!

• Optimistic
Reactions: 83cy