***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
$60 MM tied to Bote, Taillon, Hendricks, Smyly, Mancini, and Barnhart.

3B defensively this season
Game 1 - hard hit off glove leads to a run scoring
Game 2 - line drive that should’ve been caught leads to blowup inning
Game 3 - throw the ball 10 feet short to 1B leading to 2 runs scoring

I think I’ll be leading the charge on the fire Hoyer train should this keep up. I love having a great farm, but stop crossing your fingers and praying at the MLB level. 3B HAS to stop being a question mark every ******* season.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022

I think I’ll be leading the charge on the fire Hoyer train should this keep up. I love having a great farm, but stop crossing your fingers and praying at the MLB level. 3B HAS to stop being a question mark every ******* season.
I understand you are pushing the narrative that Morel doesn’t belong at 3B, however, that should have been picked. FWIW I also don’t think Morel is the answer at third, but he made a play that should have been completed by 1B, and then wicks threw an upper half fastball to Marcus siemen. Can’t blame all that on CM

Reactions: CYdTracked

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Today he needed to take a crow hop. Unbelievable a guy that athletic can't nail down a spot.

Shaw is going to be the bail out.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Excited to get out with at least one win.

Happer was the perfect leadoff today. Can’t expect that out of him every game, but hopefully the poise and confidence carries over.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Morel with another error ruled a single. How is that a hit?

EDIT: Changed to an error.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
4 games, 4 miscues at 3B that a regular defensive 3B makes.

First Counsell complaint - your cleanup hitter shouldn’t be a guy you have to replace defensively in a tie ball game as he did yesterday.

Not caring about games in March, April, or May will haunt you in September. See: 2023 Cubs season

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Morel can play a passable 2B. Do you entertain flipping him and Nico for a while?

I completely understand wanting to have flexibility in the DH spot but if this may not be sustainable.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
Morel with another error ruled a single. How is that a hit?

EDIT: Changed to an error.

It was brutal. Hard hit, but right at him. Has to go back to Madrigal at 3B and Morel at DH or ad hoc sub.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Just going to have to get creative to get Morel in every day, but it can't be at third.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
Morel can play a passable 2B. Do you entertain flipping him and Nico for a while?

I completely understand wanting to have flexibility in the DH spot but if this may not be sustainable.

If Nico doesn't start hitting, maybe Morel takes some of his playing time at 2B. Offensively, you can't survive with Nico and Madrigal as everyday starters. Madrigal is who he is, but Nico's hitting has to be better.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That called 2nd strike to Busch could be the worst strike call we see all year:

1711999738481.png

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
4 games, 4 miscues at 3B that a regular defensive 3B makes.

First Counsell complaint - your cleanup hitter shouldn’t be a guy you have to replace defensively in a tie ball game as he did yesterday.

Not caring about games in March, April, or May will haunt you in September. See: 2023 Cubs season
Very frustrating because Chapman was out there for the easy taking. They could easily have afforded the deal SF gave him and it's a short-term deal.