***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
What a fun night. Wish we faced the Rockies more often.

“CODY! CODY!” chants going in the background and he takes one off the right field scoreboard. Incredible stuff
Could be because they are just annihilating the Rockies, but this just looks like a little league team out there having fun

Reactions: CycloneErik

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Kris Bryant doing his best Chris Davis impression although he got plunked twice tonight

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
If you're in Iowa, or somewhere else in the Cub's home market, you can buy a streaming subscription to Marquee for $20 a month. Well worth it as Marquee will be broadcasting all but seven games this year.
no you cant. we are in Grimes and keep getting shut out due to the number on our computer. shows we live in new York or Missouri and Marquee is no help.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Marquee just had a big update today.

Now need to provide an email and username (I mean…for what?)

But the nice news is you can now Chromecast

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Woof. Morel with another error
I haven't watched any games other than opening day as I won't pay to stream Marquee. If it's as bad as you all say you have to wonder if trying Nico at 3B so he can play 2B is something they should consider. His bat definitely needs to be in the lineup as he hits and has power so need to find a place in the field he is not a liability otherwise I guess hes a full time DH and you lose the flexibility to rest a guy whike still having the bat in the lineup.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
My bet on Cubs -1.5 that I was feeling really good about now feels disgusting

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
That's not Marquees fault.
Honest question, why is it not the Cubs (Marquees) fault? Maybe the right term is Cubs issue. I had the same problem, until after 3 phone calls with Marquee CS, I cancelled the service.

I live in eastern Iowa and have Verizon ISP. As a WIFI based provider, it uses servers in large metros. Mine connection tends to use Omaha. So the Marquee App sees the server location and not where I physically am to determine whether I should be blacked out. It seems like Marquee App could override the ISP server location and allow access based on physical/credit card address.

Whether the "fault" is the Cubs(team) or MLB, baseball needs to get their blackout rules fixed. It's not like baseball can turn away fans. My best option might be to subscribe to MLB.TV at a little bit of a price premium. But the Cubs won't see that revenue. And my fear is MLB.TV will black me out because I actually live in-market for the Cubs. We'll see.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Not pretty in some ways but hey in that weather just take the win & series sweep and get out of there. Big, bad Dodgers coming to town on Friday.

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
Honest question, why is it not the Cubs (Marquees) fault? Maybe the right term is Cubs issue. I had the same problem, until after 3 phone calls with Marquee CS, I cancelled the service.

I live in eastern Iowa and have Verizon ISP. As a WIFI based provider, it uses servers in large metros. Mine connection tends to use Omaha. So the Marquee App sees the server location and not where I physically am to determine whether I should be blacked out. It seems like Marquee App could override the ISP server location and allow access based on physical/credit card address.

Whether the "fault" is the Cubs(team) or MLB, baseball needs to get their blackout rules fixed. It's not like baseball can turn away fans. My best option might be to subscribe to MLB.TV at a little bit of a price premium. But the Cubs won't see that revenue. And my fear is MLB.TV will black me out because I actually live in-market for the Cubs. We'll see.
that is our problem with our provider it says we are in new york or missouri. yes they should use the address of the credit card they have taken. thanks