***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Wicks missing his start tomorrow with forearm tightness. Wesneski will take his start. Man they just can't catch a break right now. I guess the silver lining is we are finding out what kind of depth we have in the system and maybe that makes for some tough roster decisions when they finally get everyone healthy.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Wicks missing his start tomorrow with forearm tightness. Wesneski will take his start. Man they just can't catch a break right now. I guess the silver lining is we are finding out what kind of depth we have in the system and maybe that makes for some tough roster decisions when they finally get everyone healthy.
Injurt sucks but it's nice to have elite depth. Only gets better when Steele returns.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
60% of your starting rotation has been on the IL the first month of the season and the top two hitters are currently on the IL. Just **** luck.

Belli was doing long toss pregame so hopefully he’s feeling fine

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Having a discussion amongst a few peers

Who do Suzuki and Belli replace when healthy?

I genuinely think I might go Belli replace Mervis and Suzuki replace Morel. Morel goes to Iowa to figure his weak **** out.

Allows PCA and Tauch to still get regular ABs, Busch can move to 3B

FLYINGCYCLONE

Aug 27, 2022
LuVerne Iowa
Twins fan here. A week ago or so a Cubs pitcher had his glove thrown out of the game because of the white in the USA flag. What about the big white Nike swush On the upper right part of the shirt that a right handed pitcher is wearing. MLB should do something about that.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Twins fan here. A week ago or so a Cubs pitcher had his glove thrown out of the game because of the white in the USA flag. What about the big white Nike swush On the upper right part of the shirt that a right handed pitcher is wearing. MLB should do something about that.
His next glove had Rawlings in white in the exact same spot of the flag. It was an umpire just trying to get involved in the game

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Having a discussion amongst a few peers

Who do Suzuki and Belli replace when healthy?

I genuinely think I might go Belli replace Mervis and Suzuki replace Morel. Morel goes to Iowa to figure his weak **** out.

Allows PCA and Tauch to still get regular ABs, Busch can move to 3B
Tauchman goes back to a bench role.

PCA stays. Belli plays right. Happ/Seiya share DH/LF.

Hopefully Mervis hits well enough for a few weeks here to be traded for an arm.

I don't hate your scenario either. Morel is maddening because he's either an All Star or a AAA guy and there's absolutely no in between.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Mervis is going back down at some point, that part looks pretty obvious right now. Canario will be the other if it's not PCA. Don't see them sending Morel down when your only other options at 3B are Madrigal and Wisdom. Morel is starting to show signs of improvement with his glove but is in a funk with his hitting right now. Still has more upside with his hitting than either of those 2 and Madrigal hasn't exactly stayed healthy for long stretches either.

If they can continue to tread water with all the injuries this roster is going to be deep with all the opportunities the young guys are getting right now when they get everyone healthy. The biggest issue is still the bullpen even when all the pitching is healthy.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Not sure whose calling the pitches, but they probably cost the cubs the game