***Official 2024 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread***

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I was going back and forth all game about which team I'd rather play. Drake has some really quick players to go along with Devries, and of course Brodie, but not much interior depth. WSU is really big, but didn't impress me a lot tonight. At the end of the day, you don't really know how everyone is going to match up until they hit the court.

I really didn't like the local angle of the seeding either, as instate rivals sometimes throw everything out the window. Funny how the two things that irritated me most (beyond being disrespected with the 8th overall seed) was being in the same part of the bracket as Drake and BYU, and neither of those things mattered.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'd much rather play Washington State. Didn't want to risk losing to Drake.

The motivation factor is real.

WSU will want to survive and advance like anybody, they might have a chip because the Big Ten demoted them...but they don't have some 365 days a year axe to grind specifically against ISU players.

A bad Drake team beat our best team ever, we don't need that in the dance, this is a good thing.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I was going back and forth all game about which team I'd rather play. Drake has some really quick players to go along with Devries, and of course Brodie, but not much interior depth. WSU is really big, but didn't impress me a lot tonight. At the end of the day, you don't really know how everyone is going to match up until they hit the court.

I really didn't like the local angle of the seeding either, as instate rivals sometimes throw everything out the window. Funny how the two things that irritated me most (beyond being disrespected with the 8th overall seed) was being in the same part of the bracket as Drake and BYU, and neither of those things mattered.
Now we just need someone to upset Uconn and if not, it may as well be us.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

Kind of feels like we’re built to maul teams like Washington State. We can bang inside, they’re offensive sets and skills aren’t scary at all from today’s game.