***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Call me a pessimist but I don't think we'll be a hot target for guards in the portal. Even with Pav's spot opening up, we have three returning guards who all play ~30 minutes plus Nojus coming in.

Are Pierce and Jelani Hamilton guards?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Call me a pessimist but I don't think we'll be a hot target for guards in the portal. Even with Pav's spot opening up, we have three returning guards who all play ~30 minutes plus Nojus coming in.

Are Pierce and Jelani Hamilton guards?
Are Pierce and Jelani Hamilton guards? YES

• Agree
Reactions: Acer88

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I actually figured that Pav’s transfer offered a handful of minutes for Pierce, with Nojus taking wing minutes somewhere—he’s not just a shooter.

You don’t shoot yourself in the foot with your top high school recruits by overrecruiting them before they ever step on campus.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
You really think a guard that’s P5 level starter material wants to come in to a loaded guard team? I don’t see it happening and not sure if he’s going to get a ton of minutes. I think with an opening right now we need to get another big man. Maybe if someone else transfers out we will be going hard after guards.
Hadley is 6-6 and was Colorado's second best rebounder (behind Lampkin) and best defensive rebounder. He's a bigger (tougher?) Gilbert. I think there's room for him in any lineup.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I actually figured that Pav’s transfer offered a handful of minutes for Pierce, with Nojus taking wing minutes somewhere—he’s not just a shooter.

You don’t shoot yourself in the foot with your top high school recruits by overrecruiting them before they ever step on campus.
Nojus seems legit and should get some decent minutes as a freshman to help him develop. Adding him to the rotation makes me think we aren’t looking heavily into guards in the portal as the space is pretty packed right meow.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Hadley is 6-6 and was Colorado's second best rebounder (behind Lampkin) and best defensive rebounder. He's a bigger (tougher?) Gilbert. I think there's room for him in any lineup.
Said it several times already cant be afraid to roll w 4 guard lineups next year if you are able to land a stud guard in the portal. 6'11" 265 and 7'1" 255 pound centers allow you to do that as well.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I’m going to be heartbroken when Omaha announces
Seriously? With King, BRE & Ward leaving and the opportunity for Omaha to step up, it will be telling if he leaves. Which is that the staff has indicated that he has a lot of “growth” yet and they can not honestly guarantee him major minutes. For all the hype about his physical gifts, he did not change enough through a long season to see the court. You could say that he was used late in the season when Watson got dinged but it was obvious he was told to get rid of the ball ASAP. I hope he does a BRE similar change from when Jones came to when he was done. I would be more concerned about somebody ($) getting in Milan’s ear.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Said it several times already cant be afraid to roll w 4 guard lineups next year if you are able to land a stud guard in the portal. 6'11" 265 and 7'1" 255 pound centers allow you to do that as well.
That’s assuming Rock is ready to play a lot, which we don’t know enough about at this moment. I’m all for adding a very good guard, but think the main focus needs to be on another good 4/5. Cujo will be playing more minutes in the upcoming season as he made huge strides towards the end of the season.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
My conception of him is more a smaller Tre King but with some better ball skills and was a very efficient shooter on lower volume. Easy to slot him in as a combo 3/4 IMO.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
That’s assuming Rock is ready to play a lot, which we don’t know enough about at this moment. I’m all for adding a very good guard, but think the main focus needs to be on another good 4/5. Cujo will be playing more minutes in the upcoming season as he made huge strides towards the end of the season.

Wish we could add a slasher type . 6’6 type guy who could come in for Milan.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Seriously? With King, BRE & Ward leaving and the opportunity for Omaha to step up, it will be telling if he leaves. Which is that the staff has indicated that he has a lot of “growth” yet and they can not honestly guarantee him major minutes. For all the hype about his physical gifts, he did not change enough through a long season to see the court. You could say that he was used late in the season when Watson got dinged but it was obvious he was told to get rid of the ball ASAP. I hope he does a BRE similar change from when Jones came to when he was done. I would be more concerned about somebody ($) getting in Milan’s ear.

The concern with Omaha is more from his handlers

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
We scored 40+ in the second half while missing a lot of makeable shots. A bigger deal was the offensive rebounds and getting beat on points off turnovers

We didn’t get exposed as much as we got beat
yes, that is a better way of saying it. Not sure about the second half, but I think some of the easy ones in the first half were missed because we were bothered by their length.

Reactions: rosshm16

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Wish we could add a slasher type . 6’6 type guy who could come in for Milan.
The guy that could solve all of our problems is the Okie State power forward that just entered the portal. Too lazy to look up his name right now but he’s all around solid and gives us a full roster where we can then focus on our 7-9 guys.