***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
You had Houston with a rash of injuries and then the big one in Shead and Roberts wasn't 100%.
Kansas lost McCullar and read recently Dickinson wasn't 100% either the last month of the year.
Lipsey wasn't 100% for a long time.
Baylor- Langston Love was injured.
Those are your top 4 teams and if all were completely healthy there would have been different tournament results. Especially Houston. They were the one team if fully healthy I think could have taken UCONN.

It wasn't metric manipulation. 1) Kansas and Baylor played really good non-cons. 2) Even if you play a bad team at home it isn't going to help your metrics unless you completely dominate them and the teams that completely dominate them are usually good teams.

It is a stupid talking point brought up by people who didn't know what they were talking about.
Yep, you can't "manipulate" the metrics in CBB. That's why the metrics are there. This isn't colelge fotoball were you can manipulate the W/L record of your entire conference by playing 8 conference games when everyone else plays 9.

The entire "metric manipulation" came about because our non-conference was weak, and that got attributed to the entire conference being "manipulated". The thing is, our computer metrics weren't very good after the non conference. We only shot up the rankings after we killed it in Big 12 play. ESPN analysts were either too dumb, or intentionally lying to their audience by suggesting that we "gamed the system" by playing a really bad non-conference schedule.

• Agree
Reactions: Acer88

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Could we start talking about how next years team has a very legit shot at being a 30+ win team? Which (I believe) would be only the second time that has ever happened in school history
Extremely hard to do. Especially if @Houston, @Kansas, @Baylor and @Arizona are on the schedule. Big 12 yet again will be loaded next year. Need to go undefeated in the noncon. If they go undefeated in Maui should have a shot.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Extremely hard to do. Especially if @Houston, @Kansas, @Baylor and @Arizona are on the schedule. Big 12 yet again will be loaded next year. Need to go undefeated in the noncon. If they go undefeated in Maui should have a shot.
Second "need to go undefeated in noncon" bs. Maui alone is loaded. I don't expect to win that. Would be cool if they did, but not expected. Just seen we got Marquette in big east challenge. We don't need to add more tough games and our non-conference schedule is already light-years tougher than last year's, which by the way we didn't go undefeated in and ended up a 2 seed.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Second "need to go undefeated in noncon" bs. Maui alone is loaded. I don't expect to win that. Would be cool if they did, but not expected. Just seen we got Marquette in big east challenge. We don't need to add more tough games and our non-conference schedule is already light-years tougher than last year's, which by the way we didn't go undefeated in and ended up a 2 seed.
Um, Maui is loaded.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Isn't the Big 12 going to 20 games next year? So that means we are allowed 11 non-conference instead of 13.

I think our non-conference is pretty set for next year already. It will be

Maui
Maui
Maui
Marquette
@iowa
6 creampuffs in Ames.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Isn't the Big 12 going to 20 games next year? So that means we are allowed 11 non-conference instead of 13.

Maui
Maui
Maui
Marquette
@iowa
6 creampuffs in Ames.

That seems just fine.
If ESPN wants to add a Creighton game, that would be awesome. If not, it's all good.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

Maui
Maui
Maui
Marquette
@iowa
6 creampuffs in Ames.
With the more difficult schedule and the Big 12 being loaded, it wouldn’t be surprising to be slightly improved next year, but with a worse record next year.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

I expect to win it. That’s where I am at with this team

Aug 20, 2012
The extra 3 games in the postseason should make up for the loss of preseason creampuffs.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised if we win it. ISU is usually ahead of other teams on playing defense at the outset because of its emphasis. Also, we have 5 players returning who already know what the coaches want on D and O, so the team should jell more quickly than most other teams.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Last year's marquette team is a pretty close comp for us this year. They won the BigEast tournament last year, got a 2 seed, and were upset by Mich St in second rd in a close game.

They were preseason #5, went to Maui and beat KU, lost to Purdue in the finals. Beat TX in the big east challenge, had a nice win at Illinois in the non-conf too.

Unfortunately Kolek's injury screwed them as they had to face UCONN twice without him, and they ended up being a 2 seed again and then played like crap and lost to NC State in the sweet 16.

• Sad
Reactions: peteypie

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
The grind of playing in the best league where the teams beat each other up every week. Fans of teams in other leagues have been telling us that BS for years, so time we return the flavor.
Bosco…. That’s just dumb and you know it. Big 12 was the best conference all season, with the best teams..