***Official FSU vs ISU Gameday Thread***

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
Also, CJL said that this senior class was the best class she recruited back then and they made it to the elite 8 twice. And now she said that the class next year is the most talented and will help us be a top 5 team. I'm definatley excited.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Still wonder if the 8:30pm start bothered us. Have we had a start that late this year? I doubt if anyone would use that as an excuse, but I have to wonder if it kept us from being on top of our game.

Why was it such a late start anyway?

I think they were trying to stagger the games across time zones. Texas and UCLA played first (got over about 7pm cst) then IL & UF, then us, now Pepperdine and USC are playing.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Was in Minn. with the pep band and all I have to say is these girls played some great Volleyball! Two very exciting and close games with nothing to hang their heads about! Excited for the future!

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The team has a great year, and overachieved in many areas. We were way overseeded by the committee, though - no way #4 in the country. Florida State will get killed.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
The team has a great year, and overachieved in many areas. We were way overseeded by the committee, though - no way #4 in the country. Florida State will get killed.

Why do you say FSU will get killed? I don't think anybody at this point in the season will get killed.

NETransplant

Dec 13, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Why do you say FSU will get killed? I don't think anybody at this point in the season will get killed.
Having watched the UCLA-Texas match, I think FSU will get killed (though I would *love* to be wrong and will be cheering for the 'noles). They barely beat us while we were gifting them points the entire night. UCLA will not do the same.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Here is an espnW article on FSU with references to the regional final game.
Surprise Florida State Seminoles learn from past experience -- NCAA volleyball - espnW

"Saturday night, Iowa State showed up in force, with the pep band, cheerleaders, mascot Cy and hundreds of fans making the three-hour trip up I-35 to the Sports Pavilion. With Cyclone faithful in the crowd of 2,000 grunting "Boom!" whenever Caitlin Mahoney jump-served, it sounded like a Cyclones home match."

Apparently they had lost to/at Minnesota in the regional final in 2009, and that experience was added motivation this time around.

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
Here is an espnW article on FSU with references to the regional final game.
Surprise Florida State Seminoles learn from past experience -- NCAA volleyball - espnW

"Saturday night, Iowa State showed up in force, with the pep band, cheerleaders, mascot Cy and hundreds of fans making the three-hour trip up I-35 to the Sports Pavilion. With Cyclone faithful in the crowd of 2,000 grunting "Boom!" whenever Caitlin Mahoney jump-served, it sounded like a Cyclones home match."

Apparently they had lost to/at Minnesota in the regional final in 2009, and that experience was added motivation this time around.

Ya I remeber that match, they played Minnesota and they sucked it up. One set, I think they lost 25 to 8. I'm sure their coach made sure that didn't happen again.