NBA: ***Official NBA Offseason Thread***

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
This will be, if nothing else, fascinating to follow. I mean there was enormous pressure and expectations (some brought on by himself, albeit) on LeBron when he went to Miami & he went to a 47 win team. Going to a 73 win team when you are a top 5, possibly top 3 player in the league is insane.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I liked Golden State. I liked Kevin Durant. Now, I think I'm going to hate both of them.

Go LeBron!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
As expected Lebron fans aren't happy about the move.

Why should they be? LeBron fans are likely Cleveland fans. Cleveland fans don't want their biggest rival to win a championship to get better. It's not some awful thing that Cleveland fans aren't happy about it. Would you be happy if Iowa got the Villanova coach for their basketball team?

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Why should they be? LeBron fans are likely Cleveland fans. Cleveland fans don't want their biggest rival to win a championship to get better. It's not some awful thing that Cleveland fans aren't happy about it. Would you be happy if Iowa got the Villanova coach for their basketball team?

Fred Hoiberg.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012

Seriously though...most LeBron fans aren't Cleveland fans.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Fred Hoiberg.

That pretty much proves my point. I'm an Iowa State fan. I don't give a **** how the Bulls do.

My main question is why you would think that Lebron/Cleveland fans would be happy about this. You aren't happy when Iowa signs a big time football recruit, are you?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Seriously though...most LeBron fans aren't Cleveland fans.

They are, by default, currently Cleveland fans.

But why should it surprise you that they aren't happy about it. Their favorite player's road to another championship just got harder.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This is a bad PR and legacy move for Durant IMO. "If you can't beat them, then join them." Not a good look at all for him.

Sure it will probably get him a title, but who cares? Just like nobody really cared when Lebron went to the Heat to win a title with an All Star lineup. It meant a lot more when he went back home and carried the team on his shoulders like he did this year.

Lost a lot of respect for Durant today. Feel for the city of OKC. I thought Durant was a special kind of person, but it turns out he's no different than all the other greedy NBA players.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
This is a bad PR and legacy move for Durant IMO. "If you can't beat them, then join them." Not a good look at all for him.

Sure it will probably get him a title, but who cares? Just like nobody really cared when Lebron went to the Heat to win a title with an All Star lineup. It meant a lot more when he went back home and carried the team on his shoulders like he did this year.

Lost a lot of respect for Durant today. Feel for the city of OKC. I thought Durant was a special kind of person, but it turns out he's no different than all the other greedy NBA players.
LOL.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

What are you LOL about? For weeks all the basketball analysts on the various sports networks have been saying how bad of a look it would be for Durant to go to the Warriors because he couldn't beat them so now he has to join them.

But of course, you have different feelings about it, so everyone else must be crazy right?