***Official Pacers Playoff Thread***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Milwaukee currently shooting 74% from two, which is just ridiculous. The Pacers' defense has not been good, but I also think it's been better than it might seem just from that number--based on ESPN's shot charts, the Bucks are 6-8 from two on shots outside the lane, most of which have been pretty well defended. Even with the shot-makers that the Bucks have, you wouldn't expect that to continue.

Of course, even with the most wide open threes, you also probably wouldn't expect the Pacers to stay over 50% from three in the second half, either.

Turner is a REALLY efficient player on offense but not great on defense even though he has all the tools. Siakam is better on defense inside and that addition helped but they still struggle. Carlisle has had great defensive teams in the past so I think it's a deal where he's coaching to the roster's strengths.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Turner is a REALLY efficient player on offense but not great on defense even though he has all the tools. Siakam is better on defense inside and that addition helped but they still struggle. Carlisle has had great defensive teams in the past so I think it's a deal where he's coaching to the roster's strengths.
Yeah, even though Turner gets a lot of blocks and as you said, has all the tools, I'm always surprised at how disappointing his defense is overall.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
This one is about over. Credit to Milwaukee for staying in it as long as they did.
Their shooting percentage the last 2 games on desperate shots they had to have to stay in the game is about 90%.

Feels like they could have folded a dozen times.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The Brunson v Haliburton rivalry (at least in the media) is going to be a thing.

Even tonight when Haliburton’s assists were way down, the team had a ton of assists. His attitude of sharing the ball is infectious. Brunson is a “I’ll get mine” player in comparison.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Even tonight when Haliburton’s assists were way down, the team had a ton of assists. His attitude of sharing the ball is infectious. Brunson is a “I’ll get mine” player in comparison.
But he can really get his though. You’re right, different styles.

Help Support Us

Become a patron