***Official Pacers Playoff Thread***

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Even tonight when Haliburton’s assists were way down, the team had a ton of assists. His attitude of sharing the ball is infectious. Brunson is a “I’ll get mine” player in comparison.
Some stats to back that up for Tyrese:

I went in search of "hockey assist" stats (the pass to the player who gets the assist). On the season, I was surprised that Tyrese isn't higher (LINK--actually tied with Brunson at 1.1 per game, though in the playoffs Tyrese is higher at 2 per game this series).

But if you sort by passes made (LINK), it's cool to see how Tyrese is separated from all other guards. In the regular season, Jokic led with 75 passes per game, Sabonis was second at 71, and Tyrese was third at 70. In fourth was Tyrese Maxey way down at 61. Really shows how the Nuggets, Kings, and Pacers' offenses really run through those three guys. Also, in the playoffs those numbers have only gone up, with Jokic at 86 passes per game and Tyrese at 81. Josh Hart is in third way down at 64.

• Informative
Reactions: GotHops32 and HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Some stats to back that up for Tyrese:

I went in search of "hockey assist" stats (the pass to the player who gets the assist). On the season, I was surprised that Tyrese isn't higher (LINK--actually tied with Brunson at 1.1 per game, though in the playoffs Tyrese is higher at 2 per game this series).

But if you sort by passes made (LINK), it's cool to see how Tyrese is separated from all other guards. In the regular season, Jokic led with 75 passes per game, Sabonis was second at 71, and Tyrese was third at 70. In fourth was Tyrese Maxey way down at 61. Really shows how the Nuggets, Kings, and Pacers' offenses really run through those three guys. Also, in the playoffs those numbers have only gone up, with Jokic at 86 passes per game and Tyrese at 81. Josh Hart is in third way down at 64.

I genuinely think Jokic is the greatest passer in nba history.

Did you see the one last night where it was a loose ball and he kind of flicked it underhand with his fingers not even catching it and lobbed it right to an open guy?

clonechemist

Apr 3, 2007
Philadelphia
The Brunson v Haliburton rivalry (at least in the media) is going to be a thing.
Halliburton already lives rent free in the heads of Knicks fans:

1.) they wish they would’ve drafted him at 9 instead of Obi Toppin in 2020, which plays into their (deserved) inferiority complex around drafts and development

2.) his smiling and happy attitude is offensive to their self-proclaimed love of ‘toughness’ and ‘grit’

3.) ever since they stumbled into Brunson, they’ve desperately wanted him to be their next superstar - witness the constant ‘MVP’ chants for him at MSG

The Haliburton Pacers and the Brunson Knicks should have some good battles in years to come

clonechemist

Apr 3, 2007
Philadelphia
I genuinely think Jokic is the greatest passer in nba history.

Did you see the one last night where it was a loose ball and he kind of flicked it underhand with his fingers not even catching it and lobbed it right to an open guy?

Check this out if you can: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/...okic-became-the-worlds-best-basketball-player

Essentially Jokic has wrist/finger dexterity and quickness that are literally off the charts.

I’d love to see him take on competitive darts after he retires from basketball

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Pat Bev is a pos. He accomplished what he wanted there. Zero sense to run over and grab the ball. Toppin should have just flipped it to the ref.

CycloneT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 14, 2017
Carlisle needs to figure out his rotations in the second half. The group that started the 2nd quarter should never be on the floor together

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Carlisle needs to figure out his rotations in the second half. The group that started the 2nd quarter should never be on the floor together
He sat Haiburton way too long in the 2nd. Honestly, Tyrese doesn’t look like an all star tonight. Too passive.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sheesh…. if the Pacers can’t beat the Bucks without Dame and Giannis…. they don’t deserve to move on.

• Agree
Reactions: FerShizzle

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Sheesh…. if the Pacers can’t beat the Bucks without Dame and Giannis…. they don’t deserve to move on.
The pacers D has been horrible. They arent advancing past the next round even if they squeak by here. The bucks can pretty much get to the rim at will. And they have made Middleton and Lopez look like all NBA players.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
i feel like the pacers are cooked

if giannis and dame come back for game 6, they'll be amped up.

game 7 in Milwaukee i dont see as a win, either.

• Agree
Reactions: cyguy9320

reignofthetiger

Apr 24, 2010
Carmel, IN
Everyone needs to chill, Pacers are still fine. Tyrese's back pain has been undersold for the last couple of games, he was basically recumbent prior to game 4. The team went into game 5 hoping to steal another one on the road if there was hot shooting but primarily trying to work Tyrese back into health for game 6 at home. I'll cheer extra loud for you all tomorrow night, playoff Gainbridge is as close to Hilton as I've felt in a long time.