***Official Play-in Games Thread***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
2nd game's teams look much better/more crisp than the first two.

Without checking, looks like some length too...not sure I'd want ISU as the 6 facing these two.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I think announcers said Moton should be a candidate for NC State, is that job open?

I think NC St. will aim higher than him. I think a job in the A-10 would suit him better. MEAC to ACC is a huge jump in competition. Ohio Valley is a lot better (Prohm) than MEAC, MEAC is probably the worst conference in D1.
I maybe mistaken but wasn't Moton a candidate to replace Fred?
I'm not 100% sure but I think CW had an article about him being a possible candidate, doubt it went far.

• Informative
Reactions: carvers4math

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I bet heavily against the P12 in my brackets this year. Usually I'm a big fan, but UA and UCLA are wayyyy overhyped. Arizona is too damn young and hasn't had to grind against east coast teams, and UCLA is too dependent on ball.

Last edited:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Honestly, I'd rather watch this than watch half hearted power 5 teams play poor kid majors in the NIT. At least every kid out here is playing for something real.

what-is-real-yxqtav.jpg

Reactions: Die4Cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I bet heavily against the P12 in my brackets this year. Usually I'm a big fan, but UA and UCLA are wayyyy overhyped.

The pundits want UCLA to be back in unstoppable mode really bad imo.

And imo Steve Alford has a certain 'it' factor in that not happening.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Butler looks like a nice team at the moment.

I think you're thinking of Providence, and I don't think they're as good as USC is bad. For some reason, a lot of the bad teams in the P12 refuse to play bump and grind bball and don't test the good teams in the conference. Utah has been doing it and has been very successfully but teams like UW and Wazzou have just turned into stat stuffers for the rest of the conference.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think you're thinking of Providence, and I don't think they're as good as USC is bad. For some reason, a lot of the bad teams in the P12 refuse to play bump and grind bball and don't test the good teams in the conference. Utah has been doing it and has been very successfully but teams like UW and Wazzou have just turned into stat stuffers for the rest of the conference.

Yes. Providence.

Their length would still be a concern (thinking ISU).