*** Official Selection Sunday Thread ***

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Are you seriously worried about G5 teams and Illinois or BYU? Like seriously the path is super easy
yes, I am worried about BYU and Illinois. Our defense is great against most offenses, but Illinois might just have a good enough offense to solve our defense. I have seen them enough, their players can score even if they are heavily guarded.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
To me, it’s less about a tough draw and more about the total lack of respect.
That’s where I’m at. Their methodology is **** but we are a 2 seed 2 hours from home with a fair draw to the sweet 16. After that point you’re going to have to play well to beat anyone you play. So while it’s awful reasoning, I’m fine with the end result.

• Agree
Reactions: mctallerton

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Love how Drake and South Dakota State get virtual home games too being in Omaha. So much for that.

Where do we play the Big 12 Tournament? KANSAS City, close to TWO conference teams, yet we outdraw them and turn the games into virtual ISU home games. We can do the same thing with the Hospital Arena.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Okay got my tickets for Saturday a week ago and just bought session 2 tickets. Might have saved money if I bought tickets for sessions 1 and 2 a week ago, but then ISU would been sent off to the west.

Reactions: NENick

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
When confronted with the brutal truth that Big 12 is toughest conference, the committee stated that they evaluate the entire season, including the Noncon, and ISU's weak noncon hurt them. Then why didn't the weak ACC schedule hurt UNC? Total season SOS: ISU = 16, UNC = 31. Tenn has SOS 10 so I can see them above us maybe, but not UNC.

VAISUFAN

Mar 13, 2012
Here's the thing...all agree East is toughest bracket. But that just means we may never see UCONN. Win first 2 in Omaha (and we should). Then sweet sixteen and either BYU or Illl, which we are better than both. Then see who we play to go to final four. We can do this.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
When confronted with the brutal truth that Big 12 is toughest conference, the committee stated that they evaluate the entire season, including the Noncon, and ISU's weak noncon hurt them. Then why didn't the weak ACC schedule hurt UNC? Total season SOS: ISU = 16, UNC = 31. Tenn has SOS 10 so I can see them above us maybe, but not UNC.

Just like the football committee, they invent whatever narrative they want to justify their placings.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron