*** Official West Virginia Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I love this team. I hate this team. I love this team. Etc. Etc.
Freshmen do great, freshmen suck, freshmen do great, freshmen suck.
Wigginton and Lard are the barometer of this team, and I don't mind it knowing they are going to be around next year and hopefully the year after that.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Hell of an effort by everybody. Really enjoyed how they played free and in space. I really like what Talley can bring to this team. Think the way WV plays might have actually helped, they could just kind of go out and play and run and not worry about a lot of other stuff.

Crazy they could pull this off, and just kick the living s**t out of them. Those two OT losses really hurting them right now, it's the difference between being on the bubble and not under consideration.

Something is wrong with WV, not a typical WV effort tonight, they really struggling right now. They look tired, not crashing the boards like they usually do either. Regardless, I figured this was a 20 point loss all year long, and it went 20 points the other way.

Either way, sneak out a couple more wins in Big 12 play and I will be pretty happy with how this year has gone. Lot to build on, next year's team will have a ton of holes again, but lot of good things to work with here.
Great win for this team. But WVU has been sliding, 5 loses in the last 6 games.

Also won't be surprised when ISU lays an egg in Baylor.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
It's probably been said, but I was extremely impressed with Talley tonight. He was a one man press killer, and didn't think that he was capable of that. He was calm with the ball, and delivered to the right spots after breaking the press.

I will admit that I was pissed during the Tennessee game, and said I would be better off going outside to enjoy the weather (I didn't do so, btw), but this is why we support our teams. We knew this season was going to be rough, and when it looks like we should be completely out of it, we play like this.

Prohm haters can GTFO. He is a helluva coach, and is doing a supreme job with this team.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Some of our best teams have really struggled against WVU. This is not our best team, I am so ******* happy for these guys.

Maybe having two big physical guys inside is an antidote to their style. It's the obvious thing this team has that our previous 6 tournament teams didn't.

I always thought going into games against them that Monte being the best ball handler in the nation would nullify their press, it helped but somehow they still got their chaos officiating edge and won what felt like more than half of them those years.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Something is wrong with WV, not a typical WV effort tonight, they really struggling right now. They look tired, not crashing the boards like they usually do either. Regardless, I figured this was a 20 point loss all year long, and it went 20 points the other way.

I imagine playing for Huggins can take a toll win or lose. Look at the thread of everyone ripping on LE. I guarantee you it's not any easier to play for Huggins.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Their vibe from the start was obvious. Coach Prohm talked about being able to take a shot. Up 14, WV ties the game. We go back up by 10 and never look back.
Took Huggy's best shot and looked like we were the ranked team doing it. Congrats go to CSP and our players who believed.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
It's probably been said, but I was extremely impressed with Talley tonight. He was a one man press killer, and didn't think that he was capable of that. He was calm with the ball, and delivered to the right spots after breaking the press.

I will admit that I was pissed during the Tennessee game, and said I would be better off going outside to enjoy the weather (I didn't do so, btw), but this is why we support our teams. We knew this season was going to be rough, and when it looks like we should be completely out of it, we play like this.

Prohm haters can GTFO. He is a helluva coach, and is doing a supreme job with this team.
See I see this combined with Saturday as a sign of a fundamental coaching issue. I’m thrilled with today but it has pissed me off more about Saturday. We expected ups and downs this year but they’ve been more extreme than they should. The issue is motivation and toughness. Sticking to pushing the tempo is what will make us successful this year. Now you might say that’s just a side effect of a young team or. Is team. I’d counter that we saw the same issue the past two years. Why is the staff unable to consistently motivate them. When they do they are great but I don’t think the issue should just be ignored.

Help Support Us

Become a patron