Opinions are often bad ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
FtXrdZ8WABgALHJ

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Group 1 Gundy & Sonny , G2 Kleiman Aranda Sarkasian Sitake , G3 Venables Maltzahn Campbell, G4 Holgerson Leipold McGuire Satterfield Brown. Might have put Holgerson and Leipold in G3 but Dana's kind of a deal and Leipold has certainly raised KU from the cesspool but when his good QB went down they got average real quick. And I am a homer on Campbell he's probably a G4 but this year will be telling how long he sticks with his QB1 if things go south early.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Klieman is 30-20 (.600) at K-State and managed to win a conference title game in a season where he lost 4 times, but that win puts him at #1 in the league? OK.

He's a fine coach but that's delusional and completely grounded in recency bias.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Klieman is 30-20 (.600) at K-State and managed to win a conference title game in a season where he lost 4 times, but that win puts him at #1 in the league? OK.

He's a fine coach but that's delusional and completely grounded in recency bias.
You're saying he took Matt Campbell's earlier place? I think there may be some rationale for that point of view. We'll see this fall.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Surly, I adore Jerome Tang, but my summation is that he caught lightning in a bottle and will fall back to earth next season. Thoughts?

• Love
Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Surly, I adore Jerome Tang, but my summation is that he caught lightning in a bottle and will fall back to earth next season. Thoughts?
I don't know. We'll see how he does in the portal to fill Markquis and Keyontae's slots. Not only do I like the man, Jerome Tang, but I love the depth of his coaching staff.

They have to find three/four more dudes to fill out this roster because it's very meh otherwise. Need an old point guard, a swing who can shoot, along with a big who can defend the rim.

Aaron Estrada of Hofstra is a target. Missing on L.J. Cryer was interesting, assuming they did.

Reactions: cycloneML

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
You're saying he took Matt Campbell's earlier place? I think there may be some rationale for that point of view. We'll see this fall.

If you think you are needling Clone fans by bringing up Campbell here you’d be surprised. Only the biggest Kool Aid drinkers would think he deserves the #1 spot after the last two seasons.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Venables and staff are really good at coaching fake extra point runs for two points.
Sorry.....that still really chaps my roids. We are like the oppo research coach dream team.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Leipold is way too high, would put him below Campbell right now but everyone else above Campbell you can make a case for. CMC lost some luster after the clunker of a season we had last year so that middle of the pack ranking is fair until he proves that last season was a blip on the radar. Kansas has to prove to me they can be more than a flash in the pan before I believe Leipold is the real deal. They lost 7 of their last 8 game games after starting 5-0. I get that KU football has been terrible for so long but after all the attention they got including a Gameday visit they fell off a cliff once the competition got better.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Actually, it wasn't last year but the year before with all that talent finishing 7-6 that CMC took a hit nationally. Still top half.

Ku's coach is solid but not that high, I agree.

I think Sonny is living off Paterson's recruits.

The one I don't get is Aranda, good or meh? I'm just not at all comfortable with where to place him.

Really important year for Venables to show his chops.