OU PG Bijan Cortes Taking A Leave Of Absence

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
He didn't play last night and this is just another 'good player is out' scenario that kills ISU time and time again, haha.

Who's going to fill the 'doesn't hit threes except vs. ISU' role?

Oh there is a white guy near the end of the bench just getting ready to go 6-7 on threes and dove and save one ball from going out of bounds.

• Optimistic
Reactions: drmwevr08

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
He didn't play last night and this is just another 'good player is out' scenario that kills ISU time and time again, haha.

Who's going to fill the 'doesn't hit threes except vs. ISU' role?
I hate this realm of negative thinking...
I understand it, being a lifelong Cyclone fan...but I hate thinking this way and refuse to continue this pattern of thinking.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I hate this realm of negative thinking...
I understand it, being a lifelong Cyclone fan...but I hate thinking this way and refuse to continue this pattern of thinking.

In several games this year the opponent has had a good player out and the team rallies or has someone hit threes that previously didn't.

It's not negative thinking; it has actually happened.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Not playing on Saturday?

giphy.gif

Seriously though, hope the kid is ok.

Reactions: dahliaclone

MushroomPinball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2017
In several games this year the opponent has had a good player out and the team rallies or has someone hit threes that previously didn't.

About the only time it didn't happen was Miles being out for TCU last week.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
ISU HAS to have this game on Saturday. They have got to get some good mojo going again before all the tourney action in the next couple of weeks.

They HAVE to win out at home to keep us in good-seed standing for the NCAA Tourney.

A 10-8 finish would be fantastic with this roster in the BEST league in the country.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Yeah, I agree with you it has been a killer for us, sans TCU last week without Miles.

but

Cortes isn't that good. Good against us, yes, but not good in general. I have no idea how this impacts Saturday. Their other guards aren't very good besides Sherfield and Uzan, but someone is probably going to be primed to have a career day. Could just be Sherfield that goes off, considering we really held him in check first time around.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
ISU HAS to have this game on Saturday. They have got to get some good mojo going again before all the tourney action in the next couple of weeks.

They HAVE to win out at home to keep us in good-seed standing for the NCAA Tourney.

A 10-8 finish would be fantastic with this roster in the BEST league in the country.
2-1 probably puts us as a 4 seed in the tournament with a chance to get a 3 seed by knocking off KSU in KC. Getting that 3 seed would also mean we'd get Des Moines

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
2-1 probably puts us as a 4 seed in the tournament with a chance to get a 3 seed by knocking off KSU in KC. Getting that 3 seed would also mean we'd get Des Moines
Aren't Kansas and K-State both ahead of ISU. If KSU finishes ahead of ISU I don't think ISU gets Des Moines even if they get the 3.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron