Pac-12 to decide whether to expand within a couple weeks

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

Probably the biggest piece of real news since OU and UT's departure. Pac-12 commish expects to have a real answer about whether that league will expand or not "in the next couple of weeks."

If yes, the competition for those four spots (likely just four) will be fierce; if no, the Big 12 leftovers are probably gonna have to start thinking about sending our own invites out for 2025.

This timeline seems much faster than many on here expected.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
They'll have to lower their academic standards. I doubt they budge on religious institutions, however.

If I'm them, I'm taking Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, & UNLV.

You aren't getting the PAC 12 commissioner job anytime soon. K State and UNLV are among the least desirable options available.

CYTUTT

Nov 25, 2012
This timeline seems much faster than many on here expected.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the BIG and ACC?

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
They'll have to lower their academic standards. I doubt they budge on religious institutions, however.

Unless we tell them "No" because we have a B1G invite as the best-kept secret, taking KSU over us would be incredibly dumb.
Taking UNLV over ISU, KU and TCU would be even more dumber and senseless on the P12's part.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Football fans that care in a central time zone, and in the case of UNLV geographic proximity and fantastic facilities. They're already using Allegiant Stadium for the PAC championship game.

Where do you think Iowa State ends up then?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If the Pac moves to expand, they'll probably need to look at adding more than 4. I doubt the B1G will sit around and just watch it happen. Wouldn't be surprised if that move by the Pac is followed by a similar move by the B1G with USC, UCLA, Oregon, Wash.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Odd. Is this just you putting your Cyclone nut cup on?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
If the Pac moves to expand, they'll probably need to look at adding more than 4. I doubt the B1G will sit around and just watch it happen. Wouldn't be surprised if that move by the Pac is followed by a similar move by the B1G with USC, UCLA, Oregon, Wash.
This is what concerns me about possibly joining the Pac 12. Could be jumping from one sinking ship to another.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron