Pac-12 to decide whether to expand within a couple weeks

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Then we should have kicked out Oklahoma for Tulane because New Orleans is way better than Norman. Wait, that’s not at all how this works.

Tulane can't compete with this:

1629471923748.png

Where do you think Iowa State ends up then?

God I don't know. I'm worried the B1G would rather play the long game with Notre Dame and/or raid the ACC in 2035.

Reactions: CyBobby

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
If the Pac moves to expand, they'll probably need to look at adding more than 4. I doubt the B1G will sit around and just watch it happen. Wouldn't be surprised if that move by the Pac is followed by a similar move by the B1G with USC, UCLA, Oregon, Wash.

The Pac-12 is not gonna be the next mover in expansion unless those big boys want it to happen

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
If the Pac moves to expand, they'll probably need to look at adding more than 4. I doubt the B1G will sit around and just watch it happen. Wouldn't be surprised if that move by the Pac is followed by a similar move by the B1G with USC, UCLA, Oregon, Wash.

Followed...or prompted? I'm guessing if the pac makes moves, they know the b1g moves are inevitable.

For ISU, this is a good thing, it more or less forces a merger between the leftovers from the PAC and Big 12. That would be a solid p4 league.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The nut cup move (that I am expecting to happen) is the Pac-12 saying that they aren’t going to expand. The B1G and ACC would likely follow suit.
Yeah this is the scenario I see playing out. Hopefully Bowlsby has already mailed out his invites to Cincinnati, BYU, Houston, and SMU

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The nut cup move (that I am expecting to happen) is the Pac-12 saying that they aren’t going to expand. The B1G and ACC would likely follow suit.
Agreed.

In order, here's what will happen next:
1) I think we'll hear each say out loud that they're not expanding.
2) Every B12 fan will lose their collective minds in dispair and demand we start adding "City College of X" and "Directional School of Y".
3) Bowlsby and AD's will continue to be quiet knowing how it will all play out after milking OUUT's money through 2025.
4) All remaining P4 will carve up the Irate8.

ImperialCyclone

Sep 11, 2012

This is the likely outcome I see as well. Saying you are open to expansion is good press and makes the conference appear powerful/thoughtful. They don’t look bad when they say no at that point. The Big 12 will have to expand to survive and a hit to the athletics department is coming.

Last edited:

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
My guess is all these conferences are going to say they are NOT interested in expansion for now....because the legal situation with OU/UT needs to be worked out prior to any efforts to pull Big12 teams. Once there is a settlement and OU/UT are locked into a departure date...THEN....and only then...will we see any PUBLIC admissions about looking into expansion.

The B1G-PAC-ACC alliance is about holding the SEC accountable and in check....which means nothing happens expansion-wise until OU/UT write that big check to the Big 12 leftovers. The alliance is also going to hold the playoff format hostage and make an agreement to play each other in non-conference games rather than to play SEC teams. Expansion, then, has to wait a bit...so we'll have to be patient and ride out the GOR/Exit fee negotiations.

Just one opinion, and quite possibly wrong, but there it is.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
My guess is all these conferences are going to say they are NOT interested in expansion for now....because the legal situation with OU/UT needs to be worked out prior to any efforts to pull Big12 teams. Once there is a settlement and OU/UT are locked into a departure date...THEN....and only then...will we see any PUBLIC admissions about looking into expansion.

The B1G-PAC-ACC alliance is about holding the SEC accountable and in check....which means nothing happens expansion-wise until OU/UT write that big check to the Big 12 leftovers. The alliance is also going to hold the playoff format hostage and make an agreement to play each other in non-conference games rather than to play SEC teams. Expansion, then, has to wait a bit...so we'll have to be patient and ride out the GOR/Exit fee negotiations.

Just one opinion, and quite possibly wrong, but there it is.

Agreed. I also think the "alliance" is a gentlemen's agreement not to raid each other's conferences and discontinue scheduling with the SEC.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Football fans that care in a central time zone, and in the case of UNLV geographic proximity and fantastic facilities. They're already using Allegiant Stadium for the PAC championship game.

The Pac needs the central time zone, not a UNLV program that nobody caress about.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron