Pac-12 to decide whether to expand within a couple weeks

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The Big 12 will have to prove they broke the rules in court to get that money. Or at least threaten and posture enough to get Ou and UT to pay a good portion of it in a settlement. Depends on how good of proof we have
I don't think this comes down to proof. There would be some legal wrangling if the Big12 goes after ESPN

I don't think there is much argument if OU & UT leave the Big12 before the current contract is up, they are breaking the GOR. If UT & OU can get out of their GOR, then chaos will occur. ACC schools try to void their agreement with ESPN that runs through 2036. Even the AAC with has agreement with ESPN through 2032 could be challenged.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I love how this Spartan guy comes in here and act like none of us have done our homework and needs to teach us what we need to know. Guys turned into a real arrogant prick, honestly.
I’m sorry but what the hell? I said I never heard anything about the lawsuit stopping realignment and then BCClone posted info that I hadn’t heard before so I thanked him for the great info? How is that arrogant? That’s called having a conversation where people learn from each other

CYandIareBFFs

Jan 24, 2011
Milwaukee
I’m sorry but what the hell? I said I never heard anything about the lawsuit stopping realignment and then BCClone posted info that I hadn’t heard before so I thanked him for the great info? How is that arrogant? That’s called having a conversation where people learn from each other

Best just to ignore him, clearly a dbag.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’ve read enough of your posts that allow me to easily make that determination. Take offense if you want bud.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Actually, the first official communication was Out and Texas giving notice that they were looking to leave. Few days later (1?) The SEC voted. The Big 12 needs to prove there was prior talking with SEC before the official notice of intent to leave.

Have you paid attention to anything during this?

The ad at ut told the state legislature they started conversations with Disney in the spring

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Whether the P12 eventually wants to pick up a few Big 12 schools, or whether they want an ally in the fight against the SEC, them "needing" Big 12 schools seems like a really generous reading of things.

I read the TGS piece this morning - which everyone on Twitter seems to have adopted as gospel - and while it's all plausible, it also seems really difficult to imagine. It still isn't clear to me why the Pac-12 cares whether we get our money or not, particularly when under this theory we all end up safe in new conferences anyway.
They don’t care about our money they care about screwing the plan of the sec and ESPN. They want the big 12 intact… at least for a while. They want to blow up the playoffs and they want to punish the bad actors.

• Winner
Reactions: CYCLNST8

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I know this has been brought up before, but came someone paraphrase it again?
By playing THIS fall in the B12, does OuT forfeit any moneys?
If not, do they forfeit anything? We know their votes no longer matter, but what else?

Thanks!
Comes down to the quality of the attorneys, probably.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Oh good. A new poster. Gee. I wonder which school he roots for.

Take the 69 out of your name. You don't deserve having that as part of your moniker.
Well, little hoc bastards can’t be called non-persistent.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I can see some of that but I’ve never once heard any talks about the settlement matting to anyone outside of the big12. Hell the two traitor teams could just wait a few more seasons and not pay anything.
The alliance already got their goal which is consolidating votes to prevent espn and the sec from owning everything.
They still have to pay an exit fee even if they leave in 2025.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Actually, the first official communication was Out and Texas giving notice that they were looking to leave. Few days later (1?) The SEC voted. The Big 12 needs to prove there was prior talking with SEC before the official notice of intent to leave.
I don’t remember that notice. All I remember was them saying they weren’t renewing their GoR.

cooper6911

Aug 21, 2021
Oh good. A new poster. Gee. I wonder which school he roots for.

Take the 69 out of your name. You don't deserve having that as part of your moniker.
I don’t think you are quite as mature as my kids are who are 6,9, and 11 years old.

Why again would the Arizona Schools want to replace
USC UCLA Stanford Oregon for …………….. ?

• Dumb
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey