PedoState doing pedothings to Iowa

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Iowa has played a weak schedule for years. This year’s schedule is laughable. They will play 1 ranked team (who they lost to 31-0). Next year the B1G does away with divisions and they add teams. Iowa will fall to 4-7 wins per year status.

• Love
Reactions: aauummm

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Iowa has played a weak schedule for years. This year’s schedule is laughable. They will play 1 ranked team (who they lost to 31-0). Next year the B1G does away with divisions and they add teams. Iowa will fall to 4-7 wins per year status.

The Big Ten West is kind of what a relegation division in college football looks like, except instead of just winning the crap division, you need to beat the champion of the Premier League in the conference championship game in order to move up.

Reactions: jctisu

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Its been 2 weeks but last i checked sagarin ratings, isu was close to wisky, and better than everyone else in the b1g west. On top of that, several of those teams are flat out terrible. Wisky and nebby are ok. Minny and Illinois have a pulse. But the rest... yeesh.

Id put them at 6-2 rest of the way.
Better chance of 7-1 than 5-3. FIVE home games and NW neutral!

Team Ranking sees Iowa as an 8-4 team finishing second in the B1G Worst

1695602706006.png

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Just wait, sui will have an easy schedule next year. The league will set up schedule so as many teams as possible are eligible for good bowls. Sui will benefit.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Other than Wisconsin, the hoks have nobody of substance left on this years schedule. I knew it was bad but didn't realize how bad. No wonder Kirk is not worried, his 7 game win bonus is not in jeopardy.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Other than Wisconsin, the hoks have nobody of substance left on this years schedule. I knew it was bad but didn't realize how bad. No wonder Kirk is not worried, his 7 game win bonus is not in jeopardy.

Yep. Here's proof. It's pathetic. 7 of 8 opponents left not even close to top 25 material. Not even top 50.

• Puke
Reactions: CascadeClone

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
Hassel has been using that excuse every single week. He said going into the ISU game that McNamara was playing on one leg basically... and that if ISU happened to beat them... that was going to be the reason why.
Yeah Hassel has been terrible this year with his takes. Last year I thought he was pretty fair to both Iowa and ISU while being good to great about sports as a whole. This year has seemed like his blind homerism has snuck through even with Williams telling him exactly what's going on the entire time. Iowa will score 30ppg this year with Cade, oh they would if he was healthy, oh its not only because he is injured it's cuz he missed practices and that's the real reason.

(That's not even starting on his bad Iowa State takes this year)

• Winner
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If the poster on the ISU rivals site (when I used to be in there) was correct, Iowa should have a solid win this next game. He had done heavy stats that showed Kirk would basically tank a game he felt he was not in good position to win and focus on the game behind it and then surprise people with either an upset win or a bigger win then expected. I could see him saying that PSU is going to be a tough one so let’s make sure we grab the MSU game as a win.

It will be interesting because it looks as though Kirk put no time in on PSU.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If the poster on the ISU rivals site (when I used to be in there) was correct, Iowa should have a solid win this next game. He had done heavy stats that showed Kirk would basically tank a game he felt he was not in good position to win and focus on the game behind it and then surprise people with either an upset win or a bigger win then expected. I could see him saying that PSU is going to be a tough one so let’s make sure we grab the MSU game as a win.

It will be interesting because it looks as though Kirk put no time in on PSU.

That would make sense except any idiot team could beat Michigan state this year. That is the beauty of Iowa ‘s schedule. One good team. Maybe one above average team. That’s it.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I see no point in laughing about Iowa's futility when they handed our asses to us on a silver platter.

I shudder thinking how bad our annihilation would be if we played Penn State on the road. It would be just as bad, if not worse.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I see no point in laughing about Iowa's futility when they handed our asses to us on a silver platter.

I shudder thinking how bad our annihilation would be if we played Penn State on the road. It would be just as bad, if not worse.

Who cares? My life is demonstrably worse when Iowa is winning. If they would have won Saturday, they’d be favored to go undefeated.

• Agree
Reactions: irish

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

If we played them now, it wouldn't be as bad as Iowa's loss. We changed our offense, if we played Iowa now, it would be more interesting. What do you consider a close game? 7 points is a rear pounding it seems. Is a close game only a 1-2 point game?

• Optimistic
Reactions: ZRF and FerShizzle