PedoState doing pedothings to Iowa

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
You have a different definition than "handed our asses to us on a silver platter" than I do.

My definition would mean they dominated us and beat us by a few TD's. Fact is they needed a bad throw by our QB for a pick 6 to win the game.

Same ****, different year.

ISU outgained Iowa (though much of that came in the 4th when the game was out of reach) yet it felt like it wasn't even close. We threw a pick 6 (horrendous play call and route). We gave up big plays. We missed a field goal. Noel was terrible (especially on STs). To top it off the coaches showed ZERO urgency despite needing 2 TDs at the end of the game. I think Iowa was more than happy to let us use SEVEN minutes to march down the field.

The stats and the score weren't indicative of the game itself. We weren't up to snuff, in any facet of the game.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

ISU outgained Iowa (though much of that came in the 4th when the game was out of reach) yet it felt like it wasn't even close. We threw a pick 6 (horrendous play call and route). We gave up big plays. We missed a field goal. Noel was terrible (especially on STs). To top it off the coaches showed ZERO urgency despite needing 2 TDs at the end of the game. I think Iowa was more than happy to let us use SEVEN minutes to march down the field.

The stats and the score weren't indicative of the game itself. We weren't up to snuff, in any facet of the game.

I guess we are different. I felt it was close all game.

And we didn't miss a FG, the ref stepping in screwed up the timing to allowed the block. It was a BS move by the ref who should have stopped play if he was going to reset the ball after both teams were set and ready to snap.

Reactions: fcclone

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

We had a chance to tie the game on our last drive. When was the game out of reach?

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
….I don't think anyone thought their line (let alone their own fanbase) would be like this. Twenty years of solid precedent told us otherwise.
Yup, nobody assumed they could just be mediocre, ever…..

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We racked up 10 4th quarter points after the game was out of reach.

While I'd like to "think" we "changed" our offense, I wouldn't be so sure. It was one game and we STILL ran the ball way more than we should have, and in situations we assuredly SHOULDN'T have.

It takes more than one game to signify true change. It will be interesting to see our approach over these next few games. I'd like to be optimistic but when it comes to our offense I know better.
So if we had managed to drive 60 yards in the last minute or two it would not have counted?

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
That’s why KF should retire after this season. Iowa won’t ever sniff a B1G Championship game ever again after this season.
He HAS to be getting some heat from that new AD, doesn't he??? They are literally the butt of every college football joke right now. If you are a new AD, you've gotta do something.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
So if we had managed to drive 60 yards in the last minute or two it would not have counted?

Of course. Everything "counts".

We racked up over 100 yards in the 4th quarter with the game largely out of hand. I think it was also apparent that Iowa was more than willing to let us eat up that 7 minutes, even if we scored. Not saying they wanted us to score but their primary objective was to keep the ball in front of them.

For 3 quarters of the game we were sloppy, mistake prone, and largely ineffective. That game never felt as close as the final score.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
He HAS to be getting some heat from that new AD, doesn't he??? They are literally the butt of every college football joke right now. If you are a new AD, you've gotta do something.
1e7f413c9d733e062328415b871e83ba.gif

Reactions: exCYtable

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Yeah Hassel has been terrible this year with his takes. Last year I thought he was pretty fair to both Iowa and ISU while being good to great about sports as a whole. This year has seemed like his blind homerism has snuck through even with Williams telling him exactly what's going on the entire time. Iowa will score 30ppg this year with Cade, oh they would if he was healthy, oh its not only because he is injured it's cuz he missed practices and that's the real reason.

(That's not even starting on his bad Iowa State takes this year)
I think Hassle has been fine. He said Iowa stood no chance against Penn State and that the spread wasn’t enough. He knows what they are and that’s a team that is going to finish with 9 or 10 wins because the schedule is so terrible.

wgleason

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Every fan base has idiots. I mean, look at this board and the plethora of 8-9 win prognostications. I don't necessarily think they are any worse than we are in that regard.

The entitlement 70% of the fanbase exudes? Yeah, that's worn out. Honestly though I'm surprised their oline is as bad as it is. No matter who they lose...and they've produced a plethora of draft picks over the years...they always reload. I don't think anyone thought their line (let alone their own fanbase) would be like this. Twenty years of solid precedent told us otherwise.
Not sure what fanbase you're a part of but you sure seem to fit that category

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I don't understand at all why Iowa fans are all worked up? So many are calling for people to get fired, etc.

Why? Iowa is going to lose one game at most the rest of the way and end up 11-1 or 10-2.

This is the way every year goes for them... play a good team and get beat... but still win 8+ games because your schedule is total crap. Why are they all upset about this now? It's always been like this.

• Agree
Reactions: Prone2Clone

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
I don't understand at all why Iowa fans are all worked up? So many are calling for people to get fired, etc.

Why? Iowa is going to lose one game at most the rest of the way and end up 11-1 or 10-2.

This is the way every year goes for them... play a good team and get beat... but still win 8+ games because your schedule is total crap. Why are they all upset about this now? It's always been like this.
IMO, it's a combination of factors. First, this year's offense is particularly bad, even by Iowa standards. Second, this year's schedule is particularly weak, even by Iowa standards. Finally, the CFB world seems to have caught on to Iowa inexplicably being set up to have yet another "fake id" kind of year.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006

The game wasn’t out of reach. ISU had the ball near midfield down 1 score with almost 2 minutes left. Then they made a predictable run call on 4th and 1 that got stuffed. There was plenty of time to tie the game. To your point, ISU had 19 first downs to Iowa’s 9. Chalk that game up as one more time Campbell lost in the margins to Ferentz.

It’s still possible for ISU to be the 3rd toughest opponent on Iowa’s schedule after Penn St and Wisconsin. That’s how bad Iowa’s schedule is this year.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The game wasn’t out of reach. ISU had the ball near midfield down 1 score with almost 2 minutes left. Then they made a predictable run call on 4th and 1 that got stuffed. There was plenty of time to tie the game. To your point, ISU had 19 first downs to Iowa’s 9. Chalk that game up as one more time Campbell lost in the margins to Ferentz.

It’s still possible for ISU to be the 3rd toughest opponent on Iowa’s schedule after Penn St and Wisconsin. That’s how bad Iowa’s schedule is this year.
This. The game boiled down to the pick 6, more or less. I could argue that outside of that, Iowa State played a better game overall. Iowa had the one good HB counter run with Patterson (a nice back, btw) and were otherwise getting stuffed and being inefficient all day.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This. The game boiled down to the pick 6, more or less. I could argue that outside of that, Iowa State played a better game overall. Iowa had the one good HB counter run with Patterson (a nice back, btw) and were otherwise getting stuffed and being inefficient all day.

That game could have been totally different had ISU made that 1st FG…. or better yet not had to settle for the FG and instead gotten the PI call in the end zone against Iowa on Higgins. Kinda hard to catch the ball with one arm being held down by the DB.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron