PedoState doing pedothings to Iowa

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I see no point in laughing about Iowa's futility when they handed our asses to us on a silver platter.

I shudder thinking how bad our annihilation would be if we played Penn State on the road. It would be just as bad, if not worse.
If we were ranked 25th going into the Ped St game, I’d agree.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
If we were ranked 25th going into the Ped St game, I’d agree.

The ranking has nothing to do with Iowa and everything to do with media that overrated them.

Iowa probably has the worst offensive line they've had under Ferentz, or at least since his first couple of years after taking over. The defensive line really isn't much better. If there were three things Iowa could hang it's hat on it was: having good TEs, having an above avg to outstanding offensive line, and having a good defense. The lack of a line really exposes Brian's futility, even though McNamara is light years better than Petras.

We played Iowa, at home, and got our asses kicked pretty good. It wasn't even close. While I can chuckle a bit at Kirk's refusal to oust his son, who has proven to be a substandard coordinator, I find it hard to take pleasure in a team that destroyed us getting destroyed.

If anything it exemplifies the sorry ass state our program is in. Iowa is probably a 7-5 team.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
If we played them now, it wouldn't be as bad as Iowa's loss. We changed our offense, if we played Iowa now, it would be more interesting. What do you consider a close game? 7 points is a rear pounding it seems. Is a close game only a 1-2 point game?

We racked up 10 4th quarter points after the game was out of reach.

While I'd like to "think" we "changed" our offense, I wouldn't be so sure. It was one game and we STILL ran the ball way more than we should have, and in situations we assuredly SHOULDN'T have.

It takes more than one game to signify true change. It will be interesting to see our approach over these next few games. I'd like to be optimistic but when it comes to our offense I know better.

Reactions: legi

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The rest of their schedule is embarrassingly bad, especially with Michigan State falling apart. Except for maybe at Wisconsin, Iowa does not play a quality opponent the rest of the year. And the Badgers aren’t all that good.

I don't think Wisconsin will be able to score.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I see no point in laughing about Iowa's futility when they handed our asses to us on a silver platter.

I shudder thinking how bad our annihilation would be if we played Penn State on the road. It would be just as bad, if not worse.
No great revelation here. For clarification, I think the people laughing at Iowa knew they would get destroyed. They also know we would too. The laughing is the delusional nature of 95%+ of their fan base thought they were going to be a top 20, top 10 team with McNamara. There is a reason he was beat out at Michigan by a good quarterback, but not a great quarterback.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
No great revelation here. For clarification, I think the people laughing at Iowa knew they would get destroyed. They also know we would too. The laughing is the delusional nature of 95%+ of their fan base thought they were going to be a top 20, top 10 team with McNamara. There is a reason he was beat out at Michigan by a good quarterback, but not a great quarterback.

Every fan base has idiots. I mean, look at this board and the plethora of 8-9 win prognostications. I don't necessarily think they are any worse than we are in that regard.

The entitlement 70% of the fanbase exudes? Yeah, that's worn out. Honestly though I'm surprised their oline is as bad as it is. No matter who they lose...and they've produced a plethora of draft picks over the years...they always reload. I don't think anyone thought their line (let alone their own fanbase) would be like this. Twenty years of solid precedent told us otherwise.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Rumor has it that Brian Ferentz was seen this morning in the Aldi's parking lot...

Attachments

• aldi.jpg
    aldi.jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 39

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yeah, injured or not, I don't think McNamara is that impressive. All he really has is a bit of pedigree because he played for Harbaugh at a school that is borderline blue blood in the sport. Seems like people like to selectively forget that he was also benched for a guy who, like you said, is a fine college QB but probably not playing on Sundays. I didn't spend a lot of time watching Michigan back when he was a full time starter there, nor do I really ever watch too much Big 10 football, but the stats tell part of the story IMO: He is pretty average.

Everything I have seen from him so far at Iowa is telling me is pretty average. Iowa has won a lot of games with pretty average QBs. Stanley, Stanzi, Drew Tate etc. Even Beathard somewhat fits in that category. End of the day, Iowa is a system offense, kind of like Texas Tech was back in the Mike Leach days. The only difference is one gave you eye popping numbers (Tech) and the other one thrives on efficiency (Iowa). I'm not sure it matters who you put back there for Iowa, as long as they are competent and accurate, they will do well. If they struggle with either of those things, or both (Petras) look out. Statistically through 4 games, McNamara really has not performed much better than Petras sans 2022. Petras was horrid dog **** in 2022. The naked eye test tells me McNamara is quite a bit better than Petras, but so far the numbers don't really support that.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Yeah, injured or not, I don't think McNamara is that impressive. All he really has is a bit of pedigree because he played for Harbaugh at a school that is borderline blue blood in the sport. Seems like people like to selectively forget that he was also benched for a guy who, like you said, is a fine college QB but probably not playing on Sundays. I didn't spend a lot of time watching Michigan back when he was a full time starter there, nor do I really ever watch too much Big 10 football, but the stats tell part of the story IMO: He is pretty average.

Everything I have seen from him so far at Iowa is telling me is pretty average. Iowa has won a lot of games with pretty average QBs. Stanley, Stanzi, Drew Tate etc. Even Beathard somewhat fits in that category. End of the day, Iowa is a system offense, kind of like Texas Tech was back in the Mike Leach days. The only difference is one gave you eye popping numbers (Tech) and the other one thrives on efficiency (Iowa). I'm not sure it matters who you put back there for Iowa, as long as they are competent and accurate, they will do well. If they struggle with either of those things, or both (Petras) look out. Statistically through 4 games, McNamara really has not performed much better than Petras sans 2022. Petras was horrid dog **** in 2022. The naked eye test tells me McNamara is quite a bit better than Petras, but so far the numbers don't really support that.
How many starting NFL QB's has freerents created?

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Cade McNamara has a worse QB rating than Spencer Petras had in any season in his career.
I was not impressed with him at all in the ISU game. I know he got injured or whatever but he still wasn't good

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I think this is nature of my joy watching this all unfold lies. Some of their more vocal on Twitter were prepared to announce the offense and fixed. This is despite not really addressing the line and losing their production at receiver. Not to mention, McNamara was a backup who had lost his job. Thinking he would be the cure to everything was always laughable.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
They have announced the conference opponents/sites for 2024 and 2025.

Iowa will play at home vs Maryland, Nebraska, UCLA, and Wisconsin and play at Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio State, Rutgers, and USC in 2024

Iowa will play at home vs Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Penn State and play at Indiana, Nebraska, Purdue, and Wisconsin in 2025

So Iowa will have to play Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and USC in the next 2 years. That’s a much more difficult change to their schedule vs what they have been used to for the last 10 or so years

That will all have to be redone with UW and UO joining. Iowa will more than likely lose on of their three protected rivalries.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Iowa has played a weak schedule for years. This year’s schedule is laughable. They will play 1 ranked team (who they lost to 31-0). Next year the B1G does away with divisions and they add teams. Iowa will fall to 4-7 wins per year status.

That’s why KF should retire after this season. Iowa won’t ever sniff a B1G Championship game ever again after this season.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
How many starting NFL QB's has freerents created?
Zero. Beathard with a handful of starts over his career I think, but is pretty settled into the career backup role now. Stanley and Stanzi bounced around on practice squads for a couple years. Drew Tate had a nice career in Canada I think? No clue whatever happened to Brad Banks after his lightning in a bottle season. Seems like they had a QB get converted to TE in the NFL a few years back, maybe?

Yeah, producing NFL talent at QB has not been Kirk's forte.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

You have a different definition than "handed our asses to us on a silver platter" than I do.

My definition would mean they dominated us and beat us by a few TD's. Fact is they needed a bad throw by our QB for a pick 6 to win the game.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
You have a different definition than "handed our asses to us on a silver platter" than I do.

My definition would mean they dominated us and beat us by a few TD's. Fact is they needed a bad throw by our QB for a pick 6 to win the game.
Yes, and I thought aside from our defense, we played horribly. Had the special teams snafu on the FG attempt early on, and vanilla/anemic offensively, which is partially due to Iowa's defense but not entirely. Nothing really went our way, with Iowa getting called for zero penalties, yet at the end of the day, we had a chance to tie it late.

They didn't hand our asses to us anymore than we handed Okie State's asses to them on Saturday.