Play in game

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Having to play Tennessee is a match up nightmare for Iowa. They are very athletic. I watched them play against Florida in the SEC tournament and they hung in there (actually led by 10 at one point) for the entire game.

Let the "Would you rather lose in the play-in game or win the NIT?" discussions begin.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Having to play Tennessee is a match up nightmare for Iowa. They are very athletic. I watched them play against Florida in the SEC tournament and they hung in there (actually led by 10 at one point) for the entire game.

Let the "Would you rather lose in the play-in game or win the NIT?" discussions begin.

Iowa definitely has what it takes to make a run - but I just don't think they'll get up for it. Not to mention, they'd then have to play UMASS (who they could easily beat) and then have to also face Duke. Things don't get much easier after that as they'd likely face Michigan again (though they just got throttled in the BIG).

I can't wait to see Wichita State get taken out in the round of 32.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
According to twitter, Fran told a reporter that he will be coaching, will fly back for surgery and then back to Dayton for the game. As long on weather is good and no surgery complications, that should be very doable with a private plane.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
That's horrible. I hope it's a simple surgery with out compilations.
I am a certified hawk hater. I am also a father which trumps my mockery of those fans. Last night I sat near Pollard and saw what I believe to be his son. I hope 5 years from now we are mud stomping Iowa and Fran's son is well.

This is where Royce's #bewell is more than appropriate. Be well little Mccaffery.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

and they also play very physical. Iowa is charmin soft.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Let what go? It's a fact? They said "P-Mac". This is not a team that will make a run. It's a broken team. And the coach's child having surgery isn't going to magically change that, as proven by Northwestern.
Just stop. Leave it alone. Shut up. Stop being a ****. Let it go. If you would like you can pm me for my cell and you can call me. But seriously shut up.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Sorry, don't see what you all are getting your panties in a bunch about. I'm not attacking anyone personally. Never said any ill will towards his child. Just talked about the team. If you guys want to try to make strawmen out of that, I guess it's your prerogative

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
In one word. Disappointed. How can you not be when you are sitting at 3rd in the BIG, and then proceed to lose 6 out of 7 to finish the season.

Well obviously. Wasn't referring to the losing streak, more about where you were in the tourney. I personally think you were lucky to get in, but that being said, I don't see you getting to Friday. Tennessee is decent, and something is seriously wrong with Iowa. Probably something that we don't know about yet.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Think it was as bad of seed as they could have possibly gotten. No way BYU, Dayton, Nebraska, and Tenn. should have ALL been higher than Iowa. Iowa's resume was very similar to K-State, and they get the first #9, and Iowa is 12 spots lower than them???

The only thing that explains it is they took into consideration the last 10 games, which they claim the don't. Why say you don't, when you obviously do??