Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
As the cache gets built back up, the site will normalize and load quicker across the board. As far as a few small things such as the video insertion, credits, bookie, etc - those will be coming shortly (today or tomorrow). The work is done but the site needs time to be tested and proven out on the large scale before enabling everything else. Lots more to come - the crew did an outstanding job of lining up features.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
There's an "Insert Video" button in the reply box. Looks like 2 frames of film (second from the right).

True, that would work as well. Just something different for those used to just pasting the youtube link to be aware of.

CloneAggie

Oct 21, 2006
Maybe the default was the WYSIWYG editor. The source mode editor seems to work.

EDIT: Yep, in my Control Panel, "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" was selected. I changed it to Standard Editor and all is good now.

Last edited:

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
I saw CW talking in the other thread about a drop down menu to view different forums from the "Forum" tab at the top of the page, this doesn't work for me on Firefox. Just wondered if it works for other people.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I saw CW talking in the other thread about a drop down menu to view different forums from the "Forum" tab at the top of the page, this doesn't work for me on Firefox. Just wondered if it works for other people.

It's the Forums tab at the very top left of the page, right below the CF logo. Is that the one you are trying to use?

Reactions: Agclone91

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I just started a new thread in the "In-State Rivalry" forum ("Hawkeye Nation last night"), but it didn't show up when I clicked on the general Forum button. Usually, when I start a new thread, it shows up at the top of the general Forum view. The only way that I can find it is to go to the "In-State Rivalry" forum. I don't think I've opted out of seeing threads in that forum.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
No quite a bug but is there a way to hide the football ticker at the bottom??

I kinda like the ticker at the bottom, especially at this time of the season. However, I find the video of Troy Douglas in the top right of the screen to be a bit annoying once I have seen it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It would help to have some explanation of what the new features mean. 100,000 points seems much less than 10,000,000 credits, even if both will buy a cup of coffee.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Lot of wasted space between text and signature, have to do a lot of scrolling to read through a thread because only 1 post fits on screen at a time.

D

DistrictCyclone

I saw some ants around my sink they other day. I think they were attracted to an orange peel that didn't quite get ground up in the garbage disposal, but they're still around even after I cleaned up. Help!

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
It would help to have some explanation of what the new features mean. 100,000 points seems much less than 10,000,000 credits, even if both will buy a cup of coffee.

I plan on doing this sometime tomorrow. This is all new to me too. I need to play around with it. Remember that all of the new features aren't active right now. Please be patient.

I've got to head to Ames to cover the football scrimmage. Will be back on after a bit.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I plan on doing this sometime tomorrow. This is all new to me too. I need to play around with it. Remember that all of the new features aren't active right now. Please be patient.

I've got to head to Ames to cover the football scrimmage. Will be back on after a bit.

No rush. We know that you consistently do what is good for us. Read what we say then do what makes sense to you. Your mind is the best source of CF wisdom.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I agree with the Troy Douglas video. If it didn't autoplay, it'd be fine.

Gonna be brutally honest here. That's an ad. We get paid to have that on there. Stuff like that is how we stay free. I made the choice to go with the Iowa State video player over the other one we used to have. We need that revenue and I figured you'd all rather see Iowa State stuff on the site than Baylor or some other Big 12 school.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Gonna be brutally honest here. That's an ad. We get paid to have that on there. Stuff like that is how we stay free. I made the choice to go with the Iowa State video player over the other one we used to have. We need that revenue and I figured you'd all rather see Iowa State stuff on the site than Baylor or some other Big 12 school.

You know, now that I look at it again, I kinda like it after all.

P.S. I did watch the video right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron