Pollard an AD candidate at Nebby?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
He'll be able to ride the goodwill of hiring & retaining Campbell until he retires. Why risk that to go to a school/fanbase that is going to throw you to the curb if football doesn't win a championship in 3 years?

Also can't see him abandoning TJ after hiring him back

Yeah. Not that he's especially old, but with how long he's been here I don't see him wanting to take on a rebuilding project this late in his career. If it were a program in good shape with aretiring AD, maybe. The hot mess that Nebby is right now, no.

Reactions: Craig4IState

ISU4NH

Aug 9, 2020
There's still too much to do here. Jamie and CMC want to collect the Big 12 football championship trophy just like we have in BB and play for a national title on the VERY big stage. Personally, I'd like him to stay around so that he can see us beat OU twice in the same season. Wouldn't that be a crowning achievement...I'm not sure even Texas has done that.

Good point about Wisconsin. Proves that was hok troll talk.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I really do think there is something to having autonomy in your job - which both Pollard and Campbell have at ISU. How many ADs and head football coaches really have nearly complete control over their programs? Bigger programs have more and bigger boosters meddling in their programs. Campuses that are mixed in with larger cities have to deal more with integrating new facilities within the city. Imagine Iowa trying to do an entertainment district like Pollard has planned - where would they put it? Nowhere near any of their venues. And bar/restaurant/hotel owners would have much more leverage there to derail the whole thing. And because Pollard is an accountant he is able to figure out the budget stuff more easily than some former coach who just tells other people to figure it out.