Pollard an AD candidate at Nebby?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I always thought Jaime would leave at some point, but I don’t know anymore, he’s kind of a cyclone like Pete Taylor or Johnny Orr were cyclones. I just can’t see him leaving unless a really anti athletics president got hired.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I definitely can see why Nebraska would want him, but I don't think he'd take and also don't think it would be a good fit. Pollard has really built Iowa State athletics and it doesn't make a ton of sense that he would go someplace like Nebraska where there really isn't a building process.

Also, I love JP, and think he has done an incredible job for Iowa State. But he can have a little thin skin sometimes. I don't think that would really fit at Nebraska.

Also, would he really want to go to the school that played a major rule in almost hurting the school he is currently at?

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I definitely can see why Nebraska would want him, but I don't think he'd take and also don't think it would be a good fit. Pollard has really built Iowa State athletics and it doesn't make a ton of sense that he would go someplace like Nebraska where there really isn't a building process.

Also, I love JP, and think he has done an incredible job for Iowa State. But he can have a little thin skin sometimes. I don't think that would really fit at Nebraska.

Also, would he really want to go to the school that played a major rule in almost hurting the school he is currently at?

Sorry to come right you, but I’m not sorry. People who ***** about Pollard’s “thin skin” are the absolute worst. What that man has done with this AD is incredible. Almost indescribable. And, if you can’t appreciate it, **** off (with all due respect).

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
Let's just say that Scott Frost has been given more power than Moos and if Frost would have gotten his way they would have backed out of the OU game. Moos had to leak that Nebby wanted out to stop it from happening. Moos tried to do the right things and he got shut down by higher ups so he basically stopped even showing up.
This is the tamer stuff I heard and it's second hand info but I also heard it from more than one person and the people I know are usually more right than wrong. Jamie is too smart to even consider taking that job.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Let's just say that Scott Frost has been given more power than Moos and if Frost would have gotten his way they would have backed out of the OU game. Moos had to leak that Nebby wanted out to stop it from happening. Moos tried to do the right things and he got shut down by higher ups so he basically stopped even showing up.
This is the tamer stuff I heard and it's second hand info but I also heard it from more than one person and the people I know are usually more right than wrong. Jamie is too smart to even consider taking that job.

I can't blame Frost for trying to wiggle out of the OU game, that has the potential to be a rout. OU is going to be gunning for style points all yr and why not ass-pound a B1G school into the ground to do it.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I always thought Jaime would leave at some point, but I don’t know anymore, he’s kind of a cyclone like Pete Taylor or Johnny Orr were cyclones. I just can’t see him leaving unless a really anti athletics president got hired.

Ive said it many times before, but, Jamie Pollard will go down as the most important person in ISU athletics history. The first face Id choose on ISU’s Mount Rushmore of people whose accomplishments are felt for decades. The only job I believe we should have worried about him leaving for was Wisconsin due to his ties there, but the timing of Alvarez retiring just wasnt right because JP isnt done building what he wants to build here. It’s because of JP that this job is arguably a better job than places like Nebraska.

The day JP leaves his post (hopefully to retirement many years from now), our President will have a very important make-or-break kinda hire to make.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Ive said it many times before, but, Jamie Pollard will go down as the most important person in ISU athletics history. The first face Id choose on ISU’s Mount Rushmore of people whose accomplishments are felt for decades. The only job I believe we should have worried about him leaving for was Wisconsin due to his ties there, but the timing of Alvarez retiring just wasnt right because JP isnt done building what he wants to build here. It’s because of JP that this job is arguably a better job than places like Nebraska.

The day JP leaves his post (hopefully to retirement many years from now), our President will have a very important make-or-break kinda hire to make.
This.

You can question his methods at times (no one can deny how quirky the guy can be) but there’s no doubting his commitment to and amazing accomplishments in the ISU athletics department. There is no one else I would rather have manning the helm.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Sorry to come right you, but I’m not sorry. People who ***** about Pollard’s “thin skin” are the absolute worst. What that man has done with this AD is incredible. Almost indescribable. And, if you can’t appreciate it, **** off (with all due respect).
Where did this come from? I'll be nice and assume you just missed the part where I said Pollard built Iowa State athletics. I think he's a great AD and has done an amazing job at Iowa State. But he doesn't have the thickest skin. Not complaining, it's just one of his things. Why would he go to Nebraska where their fans will ***** at him even more than any of our fanbase does?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Where did this come from? I'll be nice and assume you just missed the part where I said Pollard built Iowa State athletics. I think he's a great AD and has done an amazing job at Iowa State. But he doesn't have the thickest skin. Not complaining, it's just one of his things. Why would he go to Nebraska where their fans will ***** at him even more than any of our fanbase does?

This. There's no one I'd rather have as AD but he has a tendency to have a bit of a thin skin and that makes him do some regrettable things sometimes. Do I want someone else though? Nope! Just an accurate assessment of him. No one is perfect and as a whole we have a great AD

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
I think if Pollard was going to leave for a job like Nebraska, he would have done it years ago. That’s the kind of move you make after five to seven or eight years at a school, not 16.

I can’t see Pollard not retiring at ISU.

Reactions: t-noah

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron