Pollard an AD candidate at Nebby?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Meanwhile in Nebraska:

HNtAk8m.jpg

These are the same asshats that thought they could get urban Meyer.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
My money says that Pollard isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. When are people around here going to realize that Iowa State is a Special Place and some coaches and some administrators like Special Places. Pollard likes to hire people who like Special Places because he knows that Iowa State fans and donors have invested their heart first and then their money into Iowa State. He expects his coaches and himself to invest their hearts as well as their time too.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011

The Nebraska rumor mill is reliably hysterical. I haven’t talked to anyone yet, but I’ve heard the “Coach X has been sleeping with/impregnated a coed/booster’s wife” rumor tied to 3 different staffs there.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I can't see Pollard (or anyone with half a brain) leaving at this point from what he's done at ISU to go somewhere where he has to build or rebuild something.

Next stop will be WI like others have said where he can ride the wave.

Fwiw UW's new AD is only 44 and has been in their system so I'd imagine he sticks around for a while.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I see 3 big things that really make him incompatible with somewhere like nebraska:

- He has talked a lot about being a builder, enjoying being at a place where he can build something special. Not only would that not be nebraska, but it'd be an especially bad time to leave what he's been building here.
- He's talked a lot about liking the ISU fanbase for appreciating the wins and not being an entitled fanbase like some others. Guess who is an extreme example of that?
- JP, for all his good, can be thin skinned at times. That would be a toxic reaction with the Nebraska fanbase.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The Nebraska rumor mill is reliably hysterical. I haven’t talked to anyone yet, but I’ve heard the “Coach X has been sleeping with/impregnated a coed/booster’s wife” rumor tied to 3 different staffs there.

Goddammit Fred :jimlad:

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyFive

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
He'd have a bigger budget and bigger paycheck at Nebraska. That's about it. I honestly don't think that there's a job out there he'd leave ISU for outside of Wisconsin and that one was just filled. Zero chance he goes to Nebraska.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
There's a difference between being a candidate and being interested. N would be crazy not to have JP on their list. For one obvious reason, Scott Frost's seat is warming.