Pollard says Texas "can't leave soon enough"

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Guessing Pollard isn't going to be doing another silly video for CDC when Texas comes to Ames in November lol

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Agreed. He absolutely didn't explicitly say *Texas* can't leave soon enough - though like most Cyclone fans, I certainly feel that way and I'd imagine privately Pollard does too.

The question was about the LHN.
dude it was absolutely targeted at Texas

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If the goal of college athletics was to make the most money, Texas would be great. Unfortunately, the goal is to win things. In that event, Texas is not that great. In terms of winning per $, they are the opposite of great.

My other thought is that Texas is going to be a richer Auburn. Dysfunctional, ego driven boosters running the show from behind the scenes, completely chaotic and impatient and short sighted. Just with more money to pay fired coaches and buy players with a "me first" mercenary mindset.

Will be fun to watch them keep doing what they are doing, just on a bigger stage with more losses.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
OMG Jared, that picture you used for the article... *Chef's Kiss*

Reactions: HGoat1

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
If the goal of college athletics was to make the most money, Texas would be great. Unfortunately, the goal is to win things. In that event, Texas is not that great. In terms of winning per $, they are the opposite of great.

My other thought is that Texas is going to be a richer Auburn. Dysfunctional, ego driven boosters running the show from behind the scenes, completely chaotic and impatient and short sighted. Just with more money to pay fired coaches and buy players with a "me first" mercenary mindset.

Will be fun to watch them keep doing what they are doing, just on a bigger stage with more losses.
That's what makes it so east to hate Texas. They measure their athletics by how much money they have and everyone else uses wins and losses. Texas has millions more than ISU and struggled, adding more isn't going to solve that.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

Texas Basketball: Iowa State AD castigates Longhorn Network​

"Castigates"....lol

"It wasn’t only the top-25 matchup between Texas and Iowa State that the Longhorn Network broadcast live on Feb. 21. LHN also broadcasted the home opener for Texas baseball on Feb. 21 at UFCU Disch-Falk Field against the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders".

I honestly think most UT fans weren't even aware that there was a basketball game on February 21. Baseball & Football probably draw more fans than basketball.

Last edited:

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Love JP.

Also, ESPN+ is like original ESPN compared to the LhN. I'll take ESPN+ all day every day. Couldn't stand the LhN ball-gagging from those Texas-loving announcers the other night.

Reactions: CyBri

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
The football schedule shows Texas comes to town on November 18th. It would just really be too bad if their heaters on the sideline stopped working and a sprinkler malfunction that is happening on their sideline during the game. I sincerely hope nothing like that happens.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
He held his tongue long enough...deal is done, now he can say what he wants.

It would be nice if they just stayed but they didn't so why are we playing nice when all they did for 15 years was ***** when they got more money than any AD in the country and it STILL wasn't enough. At sone point it just becomes an abusive relationship.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Love JP.

Also, ESPN+ is like original ESPN compared to the LhN. I'll take ESPN+ all day every day. Couldn't stand the LhN ball-gagging from those Texas-loving announcers the other night.
Well lucky for us, we get Lance Blanks again on Saturday.

• Sad
Reactions: cstrunk

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
The football schedule shows Texas comes to town on November 18th. It would just really be too bad if their heaters on the sideline stopped working and a sprinkler malfunction that is happening on their sideline during the game. I sincerely hope nothing like that happens.
TRUE STORY: In 1978, Nebraska opened against Alabama @ Legion Field in Birmingham on Labor Day Weekend. Night Game, but it was still bloody hot. Alabama had fans all up and down their sideline.

Keith Jackson was talking about his his broadcast partner and it was reported that Nebraska inquired all over Birmingham about renting fans for the game, and NOBODY in town would rent to them! FWIW, 'Bama won 20-3.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Over/under on the number of years it takes for the SEC to develop a severe case of buyer's remorse on Texas?

My guess is the honeymoon phase is over by 2033, and by 2038 Texas and their fans will be publicly whining that they don't make more money than Alabama despite never winning an SEC championship.

Then again, you know what they say about those that don't learn from history. Texas brings an unreal number of TV sets and with it money, but their ego has at least nearly destroyed every conference it has ever been a part of. So yeah - starting in 2024 they're the SEC's problem now.

Reactions: VeloClone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Love JP.

Love you too

• Friendly
Reactions: cstrunk

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yep read the comments to this tweet. They are saying ISU should be thanking Texas and OU for the money they received and will miss the money when they’re gone. Sounds like these feeble minded OU and UT fans missed the memo that the Big 12 will be the solid #3 revenue conference even after OU and UT leaving.

I dislike those who say the Big 12 was nothing w/o OuT, etc. Those that say something like, "big talk for a no-nothing school like ISU", etc. Those who say, "the Big 12 has pushed out all the important P5 schools, and list Neb, CO, Mizzou, A&M, and now OU and TX'. Yeah, sure.

Well, I don't think the 'lesser' Big 12 schools pushed any body out. It's more like the 'bigger' schools like TX pushed the others out. And now OuT is not being pushed out, they are leaving for more money. Period.

The Big 12, or the remaining 8 were left to fend for themselves. Thankfully it's not a near fatal predicament (for the Big 12) that we were in back around 2011 or so, or again 2 years ago. The Big 12 was about to go bust. The Big 12 is alive and doing very well, thank you. We are not in the top two conferences, monetarily, but #3 ain't bad.

With all that said, I think we are very tired of TX and OU. We cannot change their decision. Now, they will be gone soon and we can't change it. We also do not have to bend over for them anymore. "Can't leave soon enough" shows the sentiment we all have at this point.