ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Fanatics,

Here's the deal. After the past three basketball losses, the board has been awfully nuts. I'm not judging any opinions...just saying that as far as threads go, things have been off the all.

The moderating team wants to try and setup conversation that keeps the board organized, yet doesn't stiffle discussion. We can't continue to have dozens of threads for essentially the same purpose, yet understand there are several topics of conversation that get lost under one thread.

At the same time, name calling, insulting and excessive bad mouthing will not be tolerated and any such posts will be deleted and the member subject to displinary action. Consider any member of the team a member of CF, and they should be referred to as such.

This is as much your site as it is ours. We want your feedback. What do you feel would be the most constructive way to handle this?

Thanks for your time. Stay safe out there.

Chris & the Mod Team

Last edited:
Reactions: Angie and IcSyU

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Merge as many as possible into 1. It's always the same people spewing the same things. Any thread which starts "I think" should be merged into a thread (like the "Complain Here" thread the other day).

Oh, for other things, like the Big 12 title game last Saturday, merge them all into one (like, the CyBookie thread).

Last edited:

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
1. Win games

2. Merge threads whenever possible

I agree-be safe and Go Clones!

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
or just step away from the computer for 1 hour after a basketball game that should greatly help many posters

Reactions: kkise

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
christy you finally got one right :wink: hows the zima going down tonite

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Possibly try to keep the "Official Postgame Thread" on topic about the game

And then create a "Complain Here" thread for the Chicken Little's of the board?

I am very glad to see you guys are going to start cracking down on attacks on our student athletes.

Reactions: aauummm

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
When you have one thread it makes it too hard to get caught up with everything, then you have huge multiquotes. Maybe just cap it at 5-7 and merge new ones into related threads or something. Alot of times there are alot of different things to discuss about one game and it can get real messy inside one thread.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Possibly try to keep the "Official Postgame Thread" on topic about the game

And then create a "Complain Here" thread for the Chicken Little's of the board?

I am very glad to see you guys are going to start cracking down on attacks on our student athletes.
Agreed :yes:

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I really think all of you can help out the mod team by checking first (before you start your own thread) to see if there's a similar thread where you can voice your opinion.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
When you have one thread it makes it too hard to get caught up with everything, then you have huge multiquotes. Maybe just cap it at 5-7 and merge new ones into related threads or something. Alot of times there are alot of different things to discuss about one game and it can get real messy inside one thread.

I agree, but to be honest, most of the created melt-down threads are just drive-by postings that would just go unnoticed in another thread

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
But I want to make sure everyone knows MY eight opinions. How is that going to happen when they get buried in a 35 page thread?

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Four Things

1. Mods cannot be afraid to mod. That means condensing topics in to fewer threads or warning posters for duplicating something that already exists.

2. Centralized game discussion. Example would be the Big XII Championship. Roll it all in to the CyBookie thread or an official discussion.

3. Fewer threads, but not just one. An in-game thread, post game and going forward would be fine. Post game can analyze the game and going forward can be gripes and moving on.

4. Temp ban repeat offenders. If someone starts a duplicate thread each time after a game. Ban them. We want to be receptive to all but at the same time some discretion should be used.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Four Things

1. Mods cannot be afraid to mod. That means condensing topics in to fewer threads or warning posters for duplicating something that already exists.

2. Centralized game discussion. Example would be the Big XII Championship. Roll it all in to the CyBookie thread or an official discussion.

3. Fewer threads, but not just one. An in-game thread, post game and going forward would be fine. Post game can analyze the game and going forward can be gripes and moving on.

4. Temp ban repeat offenders. If someone starts a duplicate thread each time after a game. Ban them. We want to be receptive to all but at the same time some discretion should be used.

Good suggestions, but I'll remind you that you don't see a lot of the moderation that goes on, including editing, deleting, warnings given and bans given out. People have been banned during and after each of our past two meltdowns. We're not afraid to mod.