kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I hate the huge threads with 500 topics being talked about.

Can we leave the fire the coach talk until we get deep into Big 12 play and see how this team responds.

bel79

Jan 12, 2009
Chris - I would love to have a site like this!! Because of relatives, family members, parents; who some of these posters are talking about! The kids, coaches, and supporters who think we are going in the right direction don't need to hear about how somebody who has not been in this position has to say about this!!! It might be your kid they are talking about someday!!!!!

bel79

Jan 12, 2009
Plus - isn't this a free site. How big of a supporter are we on a free SITE!!

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Good suggestions, but I'll remind you that you don't see a lot of the moderation that goes on, including editing, deleting, warnings given and bans given out. People have been banned during and after each of our past two meltdowns. We're not afraid to mod.
aaahhh! I get ya. There was (and is) a lot going on in the way of moderating that we members are not really being aware of. Sounds good to me. Keep up the good work!

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
Possibly try to keep the "Official Postgame Thread" on topic about the game

And then create a "Complain Here" thread for the Chicken Little's of the board?

I am very glad to see you guys are going to start cracking down on attacks on our student athletes.

I would go for this, but with one addition: add a thread called "Rainbows and Unicorns". That way everyone can find something they enjoy.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I like several of the above idea. The only thing I would like to add is that if we lose to Iowa i would turn off the servers for 2 days or so - there is now way you can keep up with what will be coming if that happens.... :(

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I would go for this, but with one addition: add a thread called "Rainbows and Unicorns". That way everyone can find something they enjoy.

I know what you're trying to say here, but to be honest, there usually aren't 10+ threads created that are overly optimistic after a loss. It's the quantity and repetitiveness of threads we're trying to remedy here.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I know what you're trying to say here, but to be honest, there usually aren't 10+ threads created that are overly optimistic after a loss. It's the quantity and repetitiveness of threads we're trying to remedy here.

Are you saying that we could have one "fire everybody" discussion, instead of 8 threads coming from different angles for the same purpose?

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I would like to see "official" thread status on games to be only begun by moderators, instead of anyone just jumping in and calling their thread "official."

Other than that, keeping things centralized, especially the excessive complaining is preferred. People should vent, not act crazy.

Oh, and bring back negative rep. :)

C

Cyclone42

How about a "meltdown" forum? Or whatever you might call it. We have the "politics" forum, and it works nicely to contain all the political/religious/ideological/whatever stuff, keeping it out of the other forums. Create a similar forum for anything complaint/meltdown related, and loosen the rules for this forum (aside from namecalling and other attacks, like you said above).

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
I always thought there should be a minimum post count for people to start threads. Maybe 100 threads to "prove yourself" before you can start threads outside of the introductions forum.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I would like to see "official" thread status on games to be only begun by moderators, instead of anyone just jumping in and calling their thread "official."

Other than that, keeping things centralized, especially the excessive complaining is preferred. People should vent, not act crazy.

Oh, and bring back negative rep. :)

Hey, if you take away our use of the word "official," you're taking away the First Amendment. I guess some posters are superior to the First Amendment :wink:

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
When someone starts a new thread, could there possibly be a pop-up message with friendly reminders? Example, a guy just started a thread on the FB forum. Subject, "Insight Bowl". Helpful, eh?

Reminders could be -- pls make some attempt to scan the forum to be sure your topic doesn't already exist -- if you find topic is unique, pls be sure to title it so as to provide some description of the content or purpose.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
"Official Postgame Discussion" thread and an alternate "Official Postgame Meltdown" thread or "Official Postgame Unrealistic Expectations from Here on Out" thread depending on whether we lost or won.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
How about a "meltdown" forum? Or whatever you might call it. We have the "politics" forum, and it works nicely to contain all the political/religious/ideological/whatever stuff, keeping it out of the other forums. Create a similar forum for anything complaint/meltdown related, and loosen the rules for this forum (aside from namecalling and other attacks, like you said above).

I like this idea.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
What kind of things are getting deleted and edited?

Good suggestions, but I'll remind you that you don't see a lot of the moderation that goes on, including editing, deleting, warnings given and bans given out. People have been banned during and after each of our past two meltdowns. We're not afraid to mod.

Mostly language filter evasions.

I'm with cybsball on this one. There is not a lot we see.

If it is really language workarounds, great, but I don't think that gets at the cusp of the board being bloated after a loss.

Some good old fashioned elbow grease to illustrate to posters that things need to remain somewhat structured around here would go a long way.

From appearances, the mods have looked soft since the transition. Obviously we do not see what goes on behind the scenes but maybe fresh blood would not be such a bad idea.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Hey, if you take away our use of the word "official," you're taking away the First Amendment. I guess some posters are superior to the First Amendment :wink:

Just put it right in there with yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater. :smile:

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
You won't hear any more negative comments from me, my expectations have been lowered to hoping we don't lose by 20 every game. :dull:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron