Premier League

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
I will look that over. A patient in my office also says there's really good documentaries you can catch about each club. I saw some of one about Swansea City a couple weeks back on NBC and it was really interesting.

Swansea wasn't in the EPL when I was picking a team. They're holding their own against the giant clubs.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I will look that over. A patient in my office also says there's really good documentaries you can catch about each club. I saw some of one about Swansea City a couple weeks back on NBC and it was really interesting.

Why anyone would choose to be a fan of a club who will never qualify for the champions league is beyond me. If you were born into it or had some kind of connection I could see that.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
Start here. https://sports.vice.com/en_us/artic...-to-pick-an-english-premier-league-team-guide

I read Bill Simmons article in 2006 and used it to pick Liverpool as my team. YMMV

I just read that Bill Simmons article. Written in 2006, and below is one of the quotes regarding Man City. Billionaire owners help....

"Single Best Reason NOT to Pick Them: They're just not good enough. You don't want a team that's on TV twice a year and might get relegated at any time. Unless you're from there."

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
It was interesting to go back and read that article again. Several of the teams mentioned have been relegated for a while now.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
A couple of rules for the Champions League for BPL teams.

Arsenal and Bayern must play each other.

Chelsea and Man United get easy as **** groups.

Man City get put in the group of death.

Rinse and repeat every year.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World

Arsenal and a German team must play each other in the group stages.

FIFY, Dortmund last year.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Drawing Olympiacos and Dinamo Zagreb make facing Bayern much more bearable

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

Group B
----------
PSV (Netherlands)
Man United (England)
CSKA Moskva (Russia)
Wolfsburg (Germany)

Group D
--------------
Juventus (Italy)
Man City (England)
Sevilla (Spain)
Monchengladbech (Germany)

Group F
---------------
Bayern Munich (Germany)
Arsenal (England)
Olympiacos (Greece)
Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia)

Group G
-------------
Chelsea (England)
Porto (Portugal)
Dynamo Kyiv (Ukraine)
M. Tel-Aviv (Israel)

It's important to keep an eye out for the CL this year as if one of the teams from England don't make the quarterfinals then the Premier League loses a spot for next year.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
It's important to keep an eye out for the CL this year as if one of the teams from England don't make the quarterfinals then the Premier League loses a spot for next year.

I'm confident Man City or Chelsea can make it the quarters. Liverpool needing to finish top 3 to qualify for CL doesn't make me happy. Top 4 I can handle.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I'm confident Man City or Chelsea can make it the quarters. Liverpool needing to finish top 3 to qualify for CL doesn't make me happy. Top 4 I can handle.

Arsenal fans are in the same boat haha.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Also, wow group D is brutal. In a normal group Sevilla would advance, but it will be a tall task being in a group with Juve and an improved Man City.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Weird weekend in the BPL this week. Liverpool and Chelsea both losing at home. Arsenal needing an owl goal to beat Newcastle. ManU falling in Wales to Swansea. Man City did keep rolling though. At this point, it's looking like they may run away with things. Especially after signing DeBruyne to add to their already impressive attack.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
Weird weekend in the BPL this week. Liverpool and Chelsea both losing at home. Arsenal needing an owl goal to beat Newcastle. ManU falling in Wales to Swansea. Man City did keep rolling though. At this point, it's looking like they may run away with things. Especially after signing DeBruyne to add to their already impressive attack.

Agreed. I was upset when Liverpool lost, but Chelsea and ManU losing eased the pain.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Arsenal signs Fu-kin No-Wan for a free transfer. Great business for Arsenal on deadline day.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Arsenal signs Fu-kin No-Wan for a free transfer. Great business for Arsenal on deadline day.

There really is no excuse for Wenger to only sign Cech. Wenger had all summer to get something done. Pure ignorance on his part. Spend the god damn money.