Not open for further replies.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
First of all, I can't put into words how sorry I am about the security issues our site has been fighting over the last week or so. Know that we have been burning the candle at both ends and are working on finding a solution to this as soon as possible. We currently have three different IT departments, including one VBulletin security expert trying to figure this thing out. I will keep you all updated in this thread as the day rolls along.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Thanks! I love this site and want to come back and post again...on my laptop not my ipod touch.:wink:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Does this have anything to do with why when i click on any of the forum links on the left i get rerouted back to my homepage?

Im on google chrome and this is the first ive seen any kind of effect.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Chris I am sure this sucks for you and you are working on this. But why has there been a thread going for over week titled There are not viruses on this site, when this site is having issues? It really makes things confusing for those of us that are not computer experts.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Does this have anything to do with why when i click on any of the forum links on the left i get rerouted back to my homepage?

Im on google chrome and this is the first ive seen any kind of effect.
That happened to me yesterday (in Firefox). I got routed to iGoogle, though instead (I don't think it was set as my homepage). Although I downloaded Avast and Malwarebytes and ran scans, I think what more likely fixed it was rebooting. None of the scans turned up any problems. That I've never had similar problems (any problems) in the past suggests it is related.

Last edited:

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Chris I am sure this sucks for you and you are working on this. But why has there been a thread going for over week titled There are not viruses on this site, when this site is having issues? It really makes things confusing for those of us that are not computer experts.

That thread was created back in May and kept getting brought back up. That's all there is to it.

Trust me, this is as frustrating for me as it is you guys. We are and have been working tirelessly on this. We made a lot of progress yesterday and hopefully that is the case today as well. I'll keep you updated.

Last edited:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Have run a couple full scans using security essentials and haven't found a thing yet.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Have run a couple full scans using security essentials and haven't found a thing yet.

Could it be one of the ads that is serving up the problem? Or any of the other sites you use for page tracking, embedded links, etc?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So is it safe to view on my Blackberry? I don't want to mess with it on my laptop, as it's a work laptop, but I haven't had any problems with it on my phone yet.

tleonwdm

Apr 13, 2006
WDM
Scans wont pick up latest virus. Got it this am on my pc when my son was on this site.
Laptop is fine, but big problems on the PC. McAfee putting out new update (mine comes across as "security suite" and will not allow access to internet or safemode w/ networking to try to fix problem.

Good luck Chris

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Just about 5 minutes ago when I went to the home page instead of straight to the forum, I had either a *.asp, *aspx, or *.exe file try to download, didn't quite catch the name of it because I clicked the button to stop it from trying to download. Luckily I've got chrome set to ask me about any downloads.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
Just about 5 minutes ago when I went to the home page instead of straight to the forum, I had either a *.asp, *aspx, or *.exe file try to download, didn't quite catch the name of it because I clicked the button to stop it from trying to download. Luckily I've got chrome set to ask me about any downloads.

Is that where it usually happens or have some people gotten it off the forums page too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron