Quran Hafiz.....craziest recruiting story yet...

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Wow - this guy is probably seriously looking at his choices and how he moves forward....I know that ISU and Minny had pulled their offer on him. Its looking like Illini and Nebby also pulled theirs. Based on his tapes from Florida Skillz Competition, kid had nice skills.... But, the report that surfaced over the weekend which is in the thread GOPHERLAND.... wow is all i can say....

His long awaited announcement at the Wings Place at 6 pm is now a facade for the only remaining offer....

Indiana University. WOW they must be desperate cuz he's gonna be in the eye of this storm on his knowledge, what he did or didn't do....The alumni are gonna question the coaching staff bringing this individual on board - not because of abilities, but, the negative image that will be attached. If this thing does not have ESPN E60 episode written all over it....

Crazy - he found out the hard way that one dumb decision can change your life. Even if he wasn't the most guilty, he didn't stand up for the young woman, and allowed it to happen and that speaks volumes to him as a person representing your university.

With that said - the question i keep asking myself is - What if he now committed to ISU?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Wow - this guy is probably seriously looking at his choices and how he moves forward....I know that ISU and Minny had pulled their offer on him. Its looking like Illini and Nebby also pulled theirs. Based on his tapes from Florida Skillz Competition, kid had nice skills.... But, the report that surfaced over the weekend which is in the thread GOPHERLAND.... wow is all i can say....

His long awaited announcement at the Wings Place at 6 pm is now a facade for the only remaining offer....

Indiana University. WOW they must be desperate cuz he's gonna be in the eye of this storm on his knowledge, what he did or didn't do....The alumni are gonna question the coaching staff bringing this individual on board - not because of abilities, but, the negative image that will be attached. If this thing does not have ESPN E60 episode written all over it....

Crazy - he found out the hard way that one dumb decision can change your life. Even if he wasn't the most guilty, he didn't stand up for the young woman, and allowed it to happen and that speaks volumes to him as a person representing your university.

With that said - the question i keep asking myself is - What if he now committed to ISU?

You mean what if he were currently a commit? My guess is we'd pull the offer. He did us a favor opening up his recruitment. Good luck, scumbag...

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Whats the story? Is there a link? What did he do? I guess I'm out of the loop.
You are. :) He was reportedly on a recruiting visit to Minny when the sex scandal took place and was very involved.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
He was the recruit that took part in the Minnesota gang bang/rape. A ton of talent but once the report came out what he did everyone started pulling his offer. Good riddance, I'm glad to hear schools pulling their offers. Some things are bigger than football.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
He was the recruit that took part in the Minnesota gang bang/rape. A ton of talent but once the report came out what he did everyone started pulling his offer. Good riddance, I'm glad to hear schools pulling their offers. Some things are bigger than football.
Totally shocked UNL pulled theirs (if that's true).

• Agree
Reactions: dinger and ripvdub

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I was out of the loop too, but it is easy to connect the dots. Gopher football program situation, news coming out that a potential recruit was involved while on an OV that weekend, ISU/Minn/Nebby/Illinois all pull their offers for Quarin Halfhand.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
So I must have missed something. :confused: Thought it was down to ISU and NU and wanted him quite a bit.

Ok so he was the before unnamed 17-yr old recruit. Ya not good. I guess that's a good reason that Kirk wouldn't want committed recruits visiting other schools.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
But - I'm still unclear on the ISU timeline....

July 1 - Hafiz commits to ISU.
Sept 1 Minnesota Official Visit (Event occurred)
Sept 19 - ISU Decommit.
Nov 25 - ISU Official Visit
Dec 1 - Heacock and DK visit.
Dec 7 - Nearly entire ISU staff visits him.
Dec 13 - U of Minnesota suspends 10 players.
Dec 15 - U of Minnesota players boycott suspensions.
Dec 16 - U of Minnesota releases report to tv station on rape investigation.
Dec 17 - Jstanzi confirms ISU has pulled offer for Hafiz.
Dec 18 - Reports of Nebraska and Illini also pulling their offers. Leaving only Indiana as a tema in his final four that still has their offer out to him.
Dec 19 - Hafiz is scheduled to announce his college intentions at 6 pm....Will Indiana cave under political pressure to withdraw his offer prior to him announcing....

Just cannot believe that there is no rumors or swirling info on him after his Minnesota visit that made the rounds. So much so, that our staff prioritized him and made several visits to him and nobody had heard about this scandal....

Stuff thats said and done behind closed doors of recruiting is crazy!!!!! Really like him as a player but not worth the risk and the total mess from a PR standpoint....