Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
How bad was it? I just couldn't bring myself to watch it.

Bad....unless you are incredibly fooled by people who fake cry and other theatrics...but then I guess it still would be bad because you would have the vapors worrying about poor little Harry and Meghan. So, I'll just say bad.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Paper cuts on the webbing of your hand suck.

My body did not allow me to sleep in like I wanted to this morning...even though 5a is technically sleeping in.

Think I'll heat up some water for tea, unload and load the dishwasher while that's happening, then maybe give the bathroom a once over that it so desperately needs, including scrubbing the tub. I'll definitely feel better, and then I want to find somewhere to go outside and enjoy the day.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
In the same bulk mailing there was a large sheet devoted to 50 Shades of Green.
There is a coupon for $80 for 1 oz of Federally legal flower buds. I wonder what that means. Weed isn't legal in Nebraska.
After seeing that Delta 8 THC thread I now understand

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Going to purchase a pellet grill this week. Excited to finally have one.....I have friends that would never use anything else.

Any RTTers have experience with these? From what I understand, they take grilling to a whole new level.

Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Going to purchase a pellet grill this week. Excited to finally have one.....I have friends that would never use anything else.

Any RTTers have experience with these? From what I understand, they take grilling to a whole new level.

It is on my list to get but still likely a year or two away.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

What kind you getting? I love my GMG Daniel Boone. I just finished a 14 day cure on a pork loin and plan on smoking that today for Canadian Bacon. I need to start thinking about making some jerky too. May put on a Tri-Tip this weekend.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Man, there is an entertaining debate on FB this morning. An ROTC cadet at ISU is complaining because the parking system "targets" them. They park in metered or gen staff lots, and go past the 7 am time with their PT. There are several options for parking or changing the time they do PT, but no - he wants the parking system to show them some leniency, because it's a long walk in terrible weather to get to where they do their training.

Begs the question, does he think wars are fought from 8 to 5, and he will have parking close to the battlefield?

Maybe I'm sensitive to this. I bought my permit for a reserved lot every year, and had to continually deal with students who were "only going to be there for a little while". My lot had about a dozen spaces. There were many occasions when I would come back from running errands at lunch, and have to wait for a student to come move their car so that I could park and get back to my office. Unlike most students, I loved the "parking nazis".

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012

I'd love to get one, but can't convince the CFO it would would be an efficient use of "our" money.

• Sad
Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
What kind you getting? I love my GMG Daniel Boone. I just finished a 14 day cure on a pork loin and plan on smoking that today for Canadian Bacon. I need to start thinking about making some jerky too. May put on a Tri-Tip this weekend.

That's the model I'm getting, the Prime Plus version. I think the WiFi option is standard now.

Reactions: ScottyP

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
I'd love to get one, but can't convince the CFO it would would be an efficient use of "our" money.
We're the other way around. I feel like I've encouraged hubby to get one several times and he doesn't seem to have much interest. He hasn't found a way to make wings that he's satisfied with yet so maybe that will finally convince him.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
You should explain to the CFO that it has many, many other uses - it's great for pizza, stir-fry, smoking meats, etc. And clean-up, compared to either charcoal or gas, is a snap.

I was unaware of the clean-up being easier, that may be what tips the scales in my favor. She was just complaining the other day about how much of a pain the gas grill is to clean.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
There are 800 things I could be doing around the house today but so far SIP and avoiding anything remotely productive.

False spring had a tempting almost biking weather forecast but the wind is, of course, going to be gusting 30 mph.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Did a quick perusing of the Easter candy selection while at Tar-jay. Didn't buy them, but need y'all's (especially @BoxsterCy ) expertise.

Key Lime Pie M&M's.

Yay or nay?

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
That's the model I'm getting, the Prime Plus version. I think the WiFi option is standard now.
I have a Traeger but I heard really good things about the Daniel Boone. One thing I've found is a lot of things you cook in your oven can be done on a pellet grill. I've cooked pizzas on there a few times. I've read that pot pies and lasagna are really good on the pellet grill as well.

Reactions: SCyclone
Status
Not open for further replies.