Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That was the coldest I've been in a LONG time, shivering and finger and toes numbing cold. Went out for a one hour woods walkabout that turned into two hours and a mile walk back in the dark. Was heading back after an hour when I heard a Great Horned Owl hoot and met another old dude with binoculars there to spy on the owls. Once his friend got here I tagged along since the one guy was some sort of owl expert. Pretty soon we were under a tree listening to two owls hooting back and forth in a mating duet. Standing around there waiting to see if they would, you know, get on with the mating got pretty damned cold after an hour. Did get a good pic of the female which further froze my hands on the metal camera/lenses. Worth it, learned a lot from the one dude but will wear my Sorels next time, the duck boots proved to be inadequate when just standing there in the snow.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
So is @BCClone going to start RT 17? I haven't been around for quite a while, so:

1) If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.
2) I don't have a clue if someone else is already lined up.
Thanks for bringing this up. I’ve thought about asking a couple of times, but not online then and forget when I am.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Any greyhound owners here? It appears we'll be adopting one to join our toddler and Great Dane family. This one has been retired for a couple years so they're at least used to being in a home. Any advice from greyhound owners out there?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Any greyhound owners here? It appears we'll be adopting one to join our toddler and Great Dane family. This one has been retired for a couple years so they're at least used to being in a home. Any advice from greyhound owners out there?
My parents have a whippet, she's probably 8 or 9 she needs to be walked 2 times a day or let run at a dog park. Pretty gentle dog otherwise. If they get out you won't catch them until they want you to.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
My parents have a whippet, she's probably 8 or 9 she needs to be walked 2 times a day or let run at a dog park. Pretty gentle dog otherwise. If they get out you won't catch them until they want you to.
Yeah the greyhound rescue person we talked to said you can't let them off a leash when you're out with them. Apparently they can run up to 45 mph

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
We got LittleWx a hover board for Christmas. I am glad I am not tracking how many miles he has put on it in our house this week. Let him take it outside today since it was dry.

MrsWx messed up her back using a massager I got her and has been unable to move much this week. She is finally about back to normal now but the Dr note is through the 2nd so work won’t let her return until the third so they aren’t on the hook for further damage. Understandable but damn it’s a holiday weekend $$$$$

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
We got LittleWx a hover board for Christmas. I am glad I am not tracking how many miles he has put on it in our house this week. Let him take it outside today since it was dry.

MrsWx messed up her back using a massager I got her and has been unable to move much this week. She is finally about back to normal now but the Dr note is through the 2nd so work won’t let her return until the third so they aren’t on the hook for further damage. Understandable but damn it’s a holiday weekend $$$$$

Well that must have been quite the high quality massager she must have used it a lot to throw her back out. ;) :D

Reactions: BCClone

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin

Remember, they don't work on water.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I loathe the cpap mask, I use the under the nose one. Seriously thinking about going the inspire route.
Mine is a nose pillow version also. It's really pretty comfortable. Inspire might be necessary if I keep having asthma flares, but Inspire has its own negatives.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
At the Cancun airport we were moved to three different gates. At the second one, a lady in the row behind us asked her group if any of them wanting sleeping aids for the plane. Didn’t hear the response as they kinda dispersed then, but we were in the airport for another 75 minutes. Also, we left at 3:45 finally, that would seem to mess up your who evening. Surprised they made the plane if they took them.

We also had a couple who had the whole row in front of us and the dad sat by the window in our row. The wife started chewing out the dad while me and my oldest was between them. She finally looked at me and then she started anger texting him you could tell. We hit the air and she immediately ordered a beer and a Bloody Mary. I felt a little bad for the dad. About told him to stand up for himself a smidge. A big part was over texting people who were picking them up. She told him to do it and he didn’t think they should. Well, I figured if you thought it needed to be done so much, do it yourself.

It was kinda awkward there for a bit.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
At the Cancun airport we were moved to three different gates. At the second one, a lady in the row behind us asked her group if any of them wanting sleeping aids for the plane. Didn’t hear the response as they kinda dispersed then, but we were in the airport for another 75 minutes. Also, we left at 3:45 finally, that would seem to mess up your who evening. Surprised they made the plane if they took them.

We also had a couple who had the whole row in front of us and the dad sat by the window in our row. The wife started chewing out the dad while me and my oldest was between them. She finally looked at me and then she started anger texting him you could tell. We hit the air and she immediately ordered a beer and a Bloody Mary. I felt a little bad for the dad. About told him to stand up for himself a smidge. A big part was over texting people who were picking them up. She told him to do it and he didn’t think they should. Well, I figured if you thought it needed to be done so much, do it yourself.

It was kinda awkward there for a bit.

You got only part of the full Sun Country experience. Full exp would be really drunk people on the flight.

Actually any Mpls flights to Cancun can be problematic, especially morning ones. Was on one 9ish flight with people already half in the bag. Big bunch had flown in early from the Dakotas and had hit the bar for breakfast. No fights but they kept drinking and were loud and crass for the full four hour flight. Flight crew told them at one point they were out of beer, think that was just a story to cut them off.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You got only part of the full Sun Country experience. Full exp would be really drunk people on the flight.

Actually any Mpls flights to Cancun can be problematic, especially morning ones. Was on one 9ish flight with people already half in the bag. Big bunch had flown in early from the Dakotas and had hit the bar for breakfast. No fights but they kept drinking and were loud and crass for the full four hour flight. Flight crew told them at one point they were out of beer, think that was just a story to cut them off.
The mom reminded me of women I would date in college. Heavy drinkers and fairly demanding. Probably why I didn’t date women very long. Also why I think I felt sorry for the dude. He got coke to drink. I knew it was bad when I chatted with a pilot who was flying home from a trip and he was getting irritated by the changes and delays

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
giphy.gif

It is 12/31, peeps...

Reactions: SaraV

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Lightning will strike at 10:04pm?
Exactly. At the old bell tower. The next RTT originator needs to be driving the Delorean at that point with the hook extended so we can feed the flux capacitor and send them forward to start RT 17 at midnight. Here's a demo...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron