Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017
In case there were a couple of y'all that didn't realize the depths of Lew's crazy...

I mentioned that all that was missing was a rowboat on the lake.

He's currently on e-bay looking at rowboats...

I guess what I'm saying is that the excessive collecting is not entirely on MY part!
FWIW, Hudson Pewter summer villagers has a couple in a rowboat, oars resting in the locks while the guy is strumming a banjo and singing to the lady. 1930ish style dress, a limited edition piece.

The buildings that are 2/3 scale could be carefully placed in the background, to provide "forced perspective" ie sense of distance since things in the distance appearto be smaller.

NScale train buildings might fit in with your village, if there are any empty spaces or wishes, although they may be too small, hard to tell from your photos. Most of the better quality options would be kits, give someone something to do. There are lots of vintage options as well as some modern. Vehicles and people too. And if N is too small, HO might work, lots more options since it's a bigger hobby segment.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
FWIW, Hudson Pewter summer villagers has a couple in a rowboat, oars resting in the locks while the guy is strumming a banjo and singing to the lady. 1930ish style dress, a limited edition piece.

The buildings that are 2/3 scale could be carefully placed in the background, to provide "forced perspective" ie sense of distance since things in the distance appearto be smaller.

NScale train buildings might fit in with your village, if there are any empty spaces or wishes, although they may be too small, hard to tell from your photos. Most of the better quality options would be kits, give someone something to do. There are lots of vintage options as well as some modern. Vehicles and people too. And if N is too small, HO might work, lots more options since it's a bigger hobby segment.
Oh, golly - don't get Lew started on trains - I'll lose the whole room!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Oh, golly - don't get Lew started on trains - I'll lose the whole room!
With a train he wouldn't have to be limited to one room. He could do the whole house.

@Lew,
make-it-so-jean-luc-picard.gif

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Thanks for the info. We are staying at a hotel on Playa Centro which is basically an extension of North Beach. We will have access to the hotel's beach club bathroom so that is important. I'll let Mrs. JC know that tops are optionalal.
She should probably get practiced up.

Last edited:

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
village.jpg

Serenity and Shaggy Boxster Beatle have been added. Wash is flying intercept on the reindeer (we're ignoring the Serenity movie for this happy little village). "I am a leaf on the wind..."

Sadly Beatle Box is very pixelated after being shrunk to fit. Unless he's going Full Boxster to fight Kong...

Status
Not open for further replies.