Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Definitely a Wisconsin-ism. Along with bubbler
When I first moved to Minnesota I dated a girl from Wisconsin. The primary system for ATM machines at that time in Wisconsin was named TYME. Whenever we needed to go to an ATM she called it a TYME machine. I think she was just willing to go anywhere (including any other time period) else to ditch me.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Multiple groups. Some are from Coventry Cove, some are from the "It's a Wonderful Life" group (like the Bijou Theater up next to the ballroom & carousel in the "entertainment district"). Others are just flat out random, like the Menards', Harley-Davidson, and Coke stadium in "New Town". Most of the figurines are people in either 50's era clothing or late 1800s clothing. There's no specific time period...anachronisms abound. :)

We started with four houses, three town buildings (in the windowsill), and the cathedral, back about 30 years ago. We picked up other pieces in post-Christmas sales and garage sales, and were gifted some of them.
It looks terrific. We do own about half of the "It's a Wonderful Life" collection but we haven't taken it out in years due to the cats.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
In case there were a couple of y'all that didn't realize the depths of Lew's crazy...

I mentioned that all that was missing was a rowboat on the lake.

He's currently on e-bay looking at rowboats...

I guess what I'm saying is that the excessive collecting is not entirely on MY part!

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
In case there were a couple of y'all that didn't realize the depths of Lew's crazy...

I mentioned that all that was missing was a rowboat on the lake.

He's currently on e-bay looking at rowboats...

I guess what I'm saying is that the excessive collecting is not entirely on MY part!
village.jpg

I think he should look for sea monsters, King Kong, and maybe Mando's Razor Crest (see above). The ninja I added may not be seasonal.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
How did you like it? What would you recommend doing there?
Depends where you are staying. We took a sailing/snorkeling trip there. They said secret beach is the quietest, it was too far for us to hoof it and we didn’t really want to rent a golf cart to just go look at it.

Guide recommended north beach but we thought it was clumsy and not as nice, though had better eye candy. Downtown beach was busy but still had space. They charge $1 to use the restroom so have plenty of ones if you don’t have a designated restroom like our company did. A lot of little shops and they will irritate you non stop. We liked the sailing trip, nice little lunch and unlimited drinks. $110/person but may be cheaper if you don’t need transport.

Btw, tops are optional.

Reactions: NWICY

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Depends where you are staying. We took a sailing/snorkeling trip there. They said secret beach is the quietest, it was too far for us to hoof it and we didn’t really want to rent a golf cart to just go look at it.

Guide recommended north beach but we thought it was clumsy and not as nice, though had better eye candy. Downtown beach was busy but still had space. They charge $1 to use the restroom so have plenty of ones if you don’t have a designated restroom like our company did. A lot of little shops and they will irritate you non stop. We liked the sailing trip, nice little lunch and unlimited drinks. $110/person but may be cheaper if you don’t need transport.

Btw, tops are optional.
Thanks for the info. We are staying at a hotel on Playa Centro which is basically an extension of North Beach. We will have access to the hotel's beach club bathroom so that is important. I'll let Mrs. JC know that tops are optional.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thanks for the info. We are staying at a hotel on Playa Centro which is basically an extension of North Beach. We will have access to the hotel's beach club bathroom so that is important. I'll let Mrs. JC know that tops are optional.
What airline are you flying on?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Btw, tops are optional.

Proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron