Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This was our project over the last week. Everything has been in storage for about 15 years because we had nowhere to set it up that was catzilla free. I think the houses multiplied while they were down there! There are a few more detailed pics and a couple of videos on Facebook. If you want to see them, DM me and if I know you I'll give you a link (hoping to screen out lurkers that way). :)

Attachments

• village.jpg
    village.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 18
  • village 2.jpg
    village 2.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 18
  • village night.jpg
    village night.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 17

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017
This was our project over the last week. Everything has been in storage for about 15 years because we had nowhere to set it up that was catzilla free. I think the houses multiplied while they were down there! There are a few more detailed pics and a couple of videos on Facebook. If you want to see them, DM me and if I know you I'll give you a link (hoping to screen out lurkers that way). :)
Wow, that's a serious collection! Who is/was the issuer/mfr?

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Wow, that's a serious collection! Who is/was the issuer/mfr?
Multiple groups. Some are from Coventry Cove, some are from the "It's a Wonderful Life" group (like the Bijou Theater up next to the ballroom & carousel in the "entertainment district"). Others are just flat out random, like the Menards', Harley-Davidson, and Coke stadium in "New Town". Most of the figurines are people in either 50's era clothing or late 1800s clothing. There's no specific time period...anachronisms abound. :)
We started with four houses, three town buildings (in the windowsill), and the cathedral, back about 30 years ago. We picked up other pieces in post-Christmas sales and garage sales, and were gifted some of them.

Reactions: NWICY

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017
Multiple groups. Some are from Coventry Cove, some are from the "It's a Wonderful Life" group (like the Bijou Theater up next to the ballroom & carousel in the "entertainment district"). Others are just flat out random, like the Menards', Harley-Davidson, and Coke stadium in "New Town". Most of the figurines are people in either 50's era clothing or late 1800s clothing. There's no specific time period...anachronisms abound. :)
We started with four houses, three town buildings (in the windowsill), and the cathedral, back about 30 years ago. We picked up other pieces in post-Christmas sales and garage sales, and were gifted some of them.
It looks very impressive. I collected most of the Hudson Villager pieces, started with kids buying pieces for Mom's Christmas/birthday while they were being issued, continued with me on eBay after Hudson ceased to exist, to complete issues. Some of those are in shadow boxes, some in deep storage. Initially thought some of your display was Hudson but upon closer look I didn't see any, or at least not for the most part.

Looks like the scales of the various brands match pretty well, that can be difficult to attain.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
It looks very impressive. I collected most of the Hudson Villager pieces, started with kids buying pieces for Mom's Christmas/birthday while they were being issued, continued with me on eBay after Hudson ceased to exist, to complete issues. Some of those are in shadow boxes, some in deep storage. Initially thought some of your display was Hudson but upon closer look I didn't see any, or at least not for the most part.

Looks like the scales of the various brands match pretty well, that can be difficult to attain.
We have a half-dozen that we didn't set up because of the scale (they are about 2/3 the size of the rest). Most of the figurine people are far too large for the buildings.
You're right, they really don't have a specific style or theme. They're kind of random, much like the rest of the decor in our house - I mean, doesn't EVERYONE have orangutans suspended on macrame plant hangers in their front window?

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee and NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We have a half-dozen that we didn't set up because of the scale (they are about 2/3 the size of the rest). Most of the figurine people are far too large for the buildings.
You're right, they really don't have a specific style or theme. They're kind of random, much like the rest of the decor in our house - I mean, doesn't EVERYONE have orangutans suspended on macrame plant hangers in their front window?
My buddy has a Halloween village he sets up. The lack of room he resolved by putting a sheet of plywood over the railings to his stairs so it sits in that deadspace above the stairs. It also has the advantage of being right by the front door so all the Trick or Treaters can see it when he opens the door.

There is so much going on he says it takes him about a week to set it up.

Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
My buddy has a Halloween village he sets up. The lack of room he resolved by putting a sheet of plywood over the railings to his stairs so it sits in that deadspace above the stairs. It also has the advantage of being right by the front door so all the Trick or Treaters can see it when he opens the door.

There is so much going on he says it takes him about a week to set it up.
After we had it all set up, Lew found some gravestones and a cemetery gate. My response was "maybe next year the Cathedral can have a small graveyard behind it. NOT today, though!

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Car runs again. Z has a Chromebook again. Furnace works again.
This half week is turning out all right. Let's just cancel the rest of December, just to be safe.

Damn missed the car going on the fritz, did the sub zero weather get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.