Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You feeling better? Maybe skip the key lime pie next time.

Mostly felt punky just on Christmas day and Monday. Switched pies to an after Christmas on sale pumpkin pie. Hadn't had pumpkin pie all year and there they were for $10 from the Byerly's bakery. It's worked wonders. #miracle_food

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So THIS is what 6.5 hrs of straight sleep without waking feels like!

I've had my CPAP for several weeks now, and unfortunately it triggered an asthma flare due to too much humidity and pressure. Had to go on steroids again to knock the asthma back and get it under control; couldn't use the CPAP during that time (per doctor's orders). So, I finally started using it again about a week ago. They lowered the humidity and changed it from a steady pressure to a flex pressure that adjusts according to my needs while I'm sleeping. I've gone from 3.5 hours up to last night's 6+. I woke up when 20 lb Tab stepped on my face. And I'm wide awake now.

I'm wondering why I didn't do this a lot sooner. But then I remember that my older sister got one 10 years ago and it sounded like Darth Vader. I think that was probably a red flag...

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So THIS is what 6.5 hrs of straight sleep without waking feels like!

I've had my CPAP for several weeks now, and unfortunately it triggered an asthma flare due to too much humidity and pressure. Had to go on steroids again to knock the asthma back and get it under control; couldn't use the CPAP during that time (per doctor's orders). So, I finally started using it again about a week ago. They lowered the humidity and changed it from a steady pressure to a flex pressure that adjusts according to my needs while I'm sleeping. I've gone from 3.5 hours up to last night's 6+. I woke up when 20 lb Tab stepped on my face. And I'm wide awake now.

I'm wondering why I didn't do this a lot sooner. But then I remember that my older sister got one 10 years ago and it sounded like Darth Vader. I think that was probably a red flag...

I loathe the cpap mask, I use the under the nose one. Seriously thinking about going the inspire route.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I loathe the cpap mask, I use the under the nose one. Seriously thinking about going the inspire route.
I just saw that - seems kind of drastic to me.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Furnace repair didn't take. Landlord is moving quickly on the next round, so Im satisfied enough. (that's what she said)
Glad it's not brutally cold now.

That helps that he's working with you. The HVAC guys get swamped in both the super hot and super cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron