Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
At DSM, the TSA pre-check line is frequently longer than the non TSA pre-check line. So many locals got fed up with the slow slog through TSA that it seems like all of us have applied for and received pre-check!
Same at CID, add in it is also the KCM line it can backup. Want it more for the hubs (specifically DFW).

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
She likes to copy her 5 year old brother, who is becoming quite notorious for clogging the toilet. I never understood the “poop knife” on here until him.
Our youngest used to leave a three week collection of coiled snake in the toilet for me to find (he was 11 when I met him, so I'm thinking it was revenge for me marrying his dad, maybe?).

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Reactions: CloneLawman

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
I strenuously object!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well I thought I might mow my yard mowed today, I've modified this plan to getting the lawn mower running today.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
prayer partner today at church, so the last game was bingo. I’m helping mine today and they call B15, no biggee until I notice he has I15 on his card somehow. All I can think is this poor kid is screwed. Ain’t no way I15 gets called

• Wow
Reactions: VeloClone

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wifi went to the grocery store yesterday. I opened the fridge up this morning and notice a can of whipped cream. Note that she never makes any kind of desserts and I doubt she puts it in her coffee. Should I be concerned, upset, or excited?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
It appears as though I did my final project for my class that just ended wrong. Meh, too late to fix anything and I was carrying a 99.8% going into it so maybe it drops me down to an A- or something. NEXT

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Only @wxman1 will care but we had graupel this morning in the Twins.

Bit of a bite in the air to. 36 degrees and wind gusts to 37 mph. Sort of putting a big damper on trying to go bird photo walkabout. Not like little owlets will be out sunning themselves.
I sent a picture of our graupel to my brother and nephew who both live in Iowa. Brother responds that he was in Aurora, CO and sent a picture of the snow that was falling. Saturday morning he sent a picture of the couple of inches and still falling snow. That night it was 4" and still falling. Of course he sent a pic Sunday morning where there wasn't a lick of snow anywhere.

Colorado.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Wifi went to the grocery store yesterday. I opened the fridge up this morning and notice a can of whipped cream. Note that she never makes any kind of desserts and I doubt she puts it in her coffee. Should I be concerned, upset, or excited?
If I was your "wife" I'd maybe be concerned that you take your internet connection so seriously. ;)