Random thoughts III

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Finally got an offer on our house and they completely low balled us because the kitchen doesn't have dark wood cabinets. Seriously? You are going to come in $10k under because the kitchen doesn't have dark wood cabinets?

That's just dumb. You can always find someone that will stain the cupboards, allot some some money for the work and counter with a revised offer.

But it sounds like someone is just preying on your desperation.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Finally got an offer on our house and they completely low balled us because the kitchen doesn't have dark wood cabinets. Seriously? You are going to come in $10k under because the kitchen doesn't have dark wood cabinets?

We had someone lowball us on some stupid window thing. We gave them a little cash for it, which I assume they used on the downpayment but they gave us our asking price then. Drove by the old house two years later and they have never changed the window.

I think you can negotiate around on this.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
That's just dumb. You can always find someone that will stain the cupboards, allot some some money for the work and counter with a revised offer.

But it sounds like someone is just preying on your desperation.

Oh sure, you can just stain them, but the new owners will always KNOW that they weren't originally dark cabinets...no, you really gotta tear them out and start over if they're not the right color...only solution.

:wink:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
00, saw you made someone's sig! Congrats!

Also, GTO seems to be a favorite with a poster, as he's the only one in the sig of the poster's favorites.

The RTT gang is branching out.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Think good thoughts for me...and for my Daddy. I may be having to take an unplanned trip in the next few days. His wife has in-home 24/7 hospice now, but his dementia is getting in the way...and making him very mean.

Dear Lord, I really don't want to do this...

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
From what I was able to find on Facebook and what our realtor said the wife is pretty high maintenance. We countered but stayed pretty close to list.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Think good thoughts for me...and for my Daddy. I may be having to take an unplanned trip in the next few days. His wife has in-home 24/7 hospice now, but his dementia is getting in the way...and making him very mean.

Thoughts and prayers for you. Getting old sucks, and to watch your parents decline is heartbreaking.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
From what I was able to find on Facebook and what our realtor said the wife is pretty high maintenance. We countered but stayed pretty close to list.

I remember back in the good old days, when we didn't have to say things like 'high maintenance'...we could just say that she's a B****.

:wink:

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Yuck. Hoping for the best, KC.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
20150605_173140.jpg

Pinky finger one week later.

Pretty, ain't it? Do guys dig scars?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
attachment.php

Pinky finger one week later.

Pretty, ain't it? Do guys dig scars?

looking better! I meant to say this last week, but I like your ring!

Status
Not open for further replies.