Random thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Anyone else figure that cowgirl's 'tucking herself in' involves M'town's naked selfies?

naw. I'm ready for sleep. It's supposed to be cold in the morning. I'm looking forward to my alarm not going off in the morning and snuggling under the covers instead of getting up.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I think I recently changed from addict to legend. It seems different when I look at my profile part of my post.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
naw. I'm ready for sleep. It's supposed to be cold in the morning. I'm looking forward to my alarm not going off in the morning and snuggling under the covers instead of getting up.

Enjoy it while you can...them kiddos come, there ain't no snuggling under the covers for a few more minutes...our oldest wasn't too bad, he's a night person (well, as night person as a wee one can be, he is active at night and a growly bear in the morning), but the youngest has my morning genes (yes, despite my 2nd shift job, I'm naturally a 5-6 AM riser) and will stand in his crib and yell "MOM" "DAD" and if that doesn't work, he starts yelling our actual names starting at 5:30 or 6. On the weekends, I try and get up with them since mom has them during the week when I'm going to bed late. Sometimes, I can get him to sleep another half hour or hour laying on my chest, and I'll tell you, the extra sleep is nice when I can get it, but the little stinker sleeping soundly on my chest is flipping awesome.

BanjoCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2012
have you ever followed the toadstools to the crossroads of cotton candy liberation?

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
It's Brooky's favorite! I don't know if you're aware of this, but Babs is big fan of jellyfish. And just hanging out in the middle of the street. Probably a home schooled thing.

depending on house stuff, I need to get a new phone. I was reading about HTC 8 thingies and Samsung 5s. Does anyone have those and like them? It takes a legit 30 seconds to get back to my home scren, 3-5 seconds to end a call, and a long time to open and close apps.

Dude, you've hacked her phone, haven't you? I knew after she creeped you, you'd up the game, now I know....

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Pants...so which of the islands are you visiting this week? You sleep at home every night? That Hawaiian business thing kind of intrigues me how everything would be so close, but so distant, travel wise.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Pants...so which of the islands are you visiting this week? You sleep at home every night? That Hawaiian business thing kind of intrigues me how everything would be so close, but so distant, travel wise.

Not going to any next week but I'm going to try to get to Kauai in the next couple.

It's not like the travel is bad, because it was only 35 minutes on the plane to Maui, but it's just spendy. Even though a 136 dollar ticket isn't bad, you add in car rental, paid lunch, paid dinner with my staff, etc, it was an over 300 dollar visit out of my budget. That adds up with three outer islands. And that was just a day trip. Under normal circumstances I would stay the night there, but this was just a trip to actually meet my staff and to recruit for more staff, so there wasn't a need to spend the extra couple hundred dollars on a hotel.

My goal is Kauai before month's end, back to Maui the beginning of October for a career fair and then the Big Island by the middle of October. My boss is going to hate my expense report from all of that though.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
In a hour so I'll have completed a full week of going to Farrell's. I'm surprised I'm alive, but it's been good.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
This thread has kind of run its course and is becoming a drag on the server. You guys can feel free to start a new one for the fall.

Thanks for your understanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.