Randy Peterson on KXNO

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The team was in the lockerroom for 30 mins after the game.
The team does the right things in practice but doesnt seem to do it during games.
There is a PG issue with this team.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Randy Peterson also said the reason the team was giving up so many offensive rebounds is because they just aren't tough enough. He also stated CB is frustrated because DG and Colvin aren't getting him the ball in good scoring position.

jeff0514

Apr 12, 2006
Ankeny, ia
I could see CB's frustration with poor point guard play. DG had a decent game driving and scoring last night, but is he really running the offense correctly? Or is it a case of a poor offensive game plan to begin with?

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Because I don't know, however, why does Mac need to continue yelling out instructions all game all plays? I can see a play here and there or something , but all game? Should not the players be able to do this without continued instructions? Is this an old type coaching technique...or they just don't know what to do when?

Z

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The team does the right things in practice but doesnt seem to do it during games.

good stuff. thanks for posting. Maybe it is all in their heads.....

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
why not give Buckley a shot if DG and Colvin aren't getting the ball into Brackins correctly?

jhill

Apr 10, 2006
Randy Peterson also said the reason the team was giving up so many offensive rebounds is because they just aren't tough enough. He also stated CB is frustrated because DG and Colvin aren't getting him the ball in good scoring position.

From what I am seeing, I think Brackins shares a big chunk of the blame about not getting the ball in good scoring position. He continually gets pushed well out on the court and rarely seals his man off and establishes a good passing lane. Dude either does not know how to properly post up (McDermott problem) or isn't strong enough.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
From what I am seeing, I think Brackins shares a big chunk of the blame about not getting the ball in good scoring position. He continually gets pushed well out on the court and rarely seals his man off and establishes a good passing lane. Dude either does not know how to properly post up (McDermott problem) or isn't strong enough.

I would say it is that he doesn't want to play down low for one reason or the other.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
why not give Buckley a shot if DG and Colvin aren't getting the ball into Brackins correctly?

This!! I really like Buck and he needs to be in there. If the others aren't up for the job, there is no reason he should be rotting on the bench.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006

He could do it last year with less talent around him. I refuse to believe that teams are just discovering a better way to cover Craig when we have more offensive weapons on our team. He doesn't like the block this year, and he dominated from it last year.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
I thought Keith Murphy summed it up best: "UNI is greater than the sum of their parts. Iowa State is less than the sum of their parts." Iowa equals the sum of their parts.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Craig appears to be afraid to get banged up and hurt this year. If he was worried about that he needed to go to the NBA after last year and let us move on.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

And how is Randy Peterson qualified to announce this?
I kinda think his main goal is keeping his access to Gmac open by staying on his good side.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
No reason for Craig not to dominate down low against everyone. He proved last year that he was unstoppable down there when he wanted to be.

Of course, we should be getting him the ball down there. Everyone on the team should know what he can do down there.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He could do it last year with less talent around him. I refuse to believe that teams are just discovering a better way to cover Craig when we have more offensive weapons on our team. He doesn't like the block this year, and he dominated from it last year.

Actually, he didn't like doing it last year. It's just not in his nature to want to play the post. When he decides that is what he is going to do, he does it very well. But it is like he just must really will himself to do it.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I have no evidence of this, but I'm starting to wonder if Buckley has already expressed his intentions to leave. That would explain McDermott's reluctance to put him in so he can get some experience for the other guys. Otherwise I just can't see any reason that he can't get any court time. He was playing better at the end of last season than we've seen from Garrett or Colvin to this point.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I have no evidence of this, but I'm starting to wonder if Buckley has already expressed his intentions to leave. That would explain McDermott's reluctance to put him in so he can get some experience for the other guys. Otherwise I just can't see any reason that he can't get any court time. He was playing better at the end of last season than we've seen from Garrett or Colvin to this point.

My guess is COlvin has expressed interest in leaving and therefor Greg is trying to hold onto him by giving him minutes. That's my guess. I know nothing more than my opinion.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Buckley should be playing just because he has a chip on his shoulders. He'd probably be the most motivated player on the court for us.